“Great family dining spot ”
Review of Cowboy Jack's

Cowboy Jack's
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Description: A fun down home cooking country western theme, built with local reclaimed wood. Their offerings consist of American fare with a country twist and a robust bar.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very casual, good service and all the food choices were very good. I had full rack ribs, which was too much but lots of left overs. Ribs were very good falling off the bone. Daughter had flat bread pizza, loved it plus because it was happy hour the entree pizza was considered an appetizer so half price. Granddaughter had macnchheese with tater tots. Every body happy and satisfied.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is within walking distance of our house so we frequent it often. The best deal is to come during happy hour for the half priced apps!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Took my family there after attending a work dinner (held in the private room). I was happy with my previous meal.. Had I known in the restaurant how long it would take to get our food I would have chosen another restaurant. The waitstaff was pleasant but when tables that came in after us got their food before us I wasn't happy. Oh, we ordered three salads and a burrito. Not hard to prepare..The food was good but by the time it came we were all starving. It wasn't busy. We got there at 3 pm. My son worked at 5 and we didn't leave until 4:40. They really need to speed up the food prep time.

Kailey L, Public Relations Manager at Cowboy Jack's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thanks for the review, I'm sorry to hear it wasn't a good experience. We are definitely going to get to the bottom of this. I would love to offer you a gift card to try us again. Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Thanks!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and great service! We will definitely be back! They were super busy but they sat us quickly and didn’t have to wait for food and drinks.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Have eaten and hung out at Cowboy Jacks a few times now. The first time was during the summer and I had their walleye, which was decent. The outdoor patio is very nice.

Have eaten here a few times since and have not been impressed with their food, especially for the prices. I’ve tried their tator tot dish and thought it was bad. I’ve had their pizza and thought it was just okay.

The feel of the place is great, but during the winter the place is very cold. We went to hang out and watch the Badger bowl game and many of us kept our jackets on the majority of the time.

The service has only been okay. I want this place to be good, but it’s just not.