All reviews four points reception staff nice hotel rania strangers accommodation kindness pool facilities stars shower english airport wifi
Reviewed 4 December 2017

From the moment I arrived at the check-in counter felt welcome. In spite of my inability to speak French or Arabic the reception staff could understand and communicate very well in English. The reception area is very well appointed and has an airy ambience with high quality and wide range of seating areas where a person can relax. The room is spacious and very comfortable with all the modern fittings including a USB charging point and a spacious work area with power outlets. There is also a power outlet next to the night stand which is very handy. The bathroom has a spacious shower with a choice of two shower heads and a hand shower and all is spotlessly clean. The Wifi is easy to connect to and the speed is very good. A pity you have to log in again every day. The shuttle between the hotel and the airport is also very convenient. Last but not least, the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet was fantastic. A very wide selection, well prepared and always fresh. Excellent all round.

Room Tip: Ocean view if available
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Four Points O, la direction générale at Four Points by Sheraton Oran, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Rudolph ,
We would like to thank you for the nice comment you shared with us on the trip advisor website.
your feedback always helps us improve our services and make our guests' stay the most memorable
we will be very happy to welcome you again at Four Points By Sheraton Oran for a better performance
Looking forward to receiving you,
greetings.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The view is excellent. The buffet is rich and picturesque, Service is warm and polite. Rooms are spacious clean and very luxurious. At the reception Rania and all the personnel boys and girls offer effectivesupport.

Room Tip: Sea view is excellent looking at the Mediterranean sea ad the ships anchored in the background
Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2017

First stay at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel. I wanted to spend a week with my son visiting my extended family, to enjoy a quiet time and to clear my head. So I booked this hotel with a seaview and a (almost infinity) pool to cool down in while overlooking la Cornish of Oran...here I found it.

I rang the hotel and I confirmed our airport pick up and yet NO ONE has turned up to pick us up at 9.30 pm. I had no choice but to get a taxi and get there by ourselves.

How can you forget a female traveller with a child at the airport in a foreign country....that's not cool Marriott International.

As far as the hotel location, facilities and cleanliness is concerned it's spot on. BUT huge issue with hot water. We had no hot water for three nights in a row and we had no choice but to have a cold shower after a hot and a busy day.

Two days out of eight, my son and I decided to spend it at the hotel, chill by the pool and the spa facilities. Unfortunately, no one has told us about the fact that the plumbers have moved in and the water supply was turned off, during the day. So, we could not have a shower after the spa use which frustrated me because I was cold and tired of the situation.

In my honest opinion, the hotel has huge COMMUNICATION PROBLEM AMONG ITS STAFF. Reception staff were not aware of the fact that there was no water in the building during the day and for more than a day in a row. The fact that we did not have hot water for three nights in a row was blamed on other than the hot water system is not adequate to supply all rooms around the clock.

Please be aware that children under the age of 19 years old are not allowed in the pool due to safety issue and yet the age restriction is not published on the website. Luckily my son looked older than his 17 years of age and he manage to swim without a problem.

Staff are nice but there is nothing they can do. I really hope that the parent company will get in touch and sort it out...fast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Hafida S
Sheraton_1572, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Oran, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Dear Haf7449,

We thank you for taking the time to send us your appreciation of your stay and we are really saddened that we have not been able to satisfy you on all levels.

Your comments have been forwarded to management and will be reviewed to remedy them. You can be sure that we discussed the problems you encountered with the head of the each department. Rest assured that we always pay particular attention to the comfort and satisfaction of our customers.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Four Points By Sheraton Oran.

Best Regards

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Stayed for 2 nights. Upon arrival at ORN the hotel's shuttle (which was pre-arranged) failed to turn up. I will put this down to miscommunication, but was disappointing. The rooms themselves were spectacular, very comfortable and extremely modern with fantastic bathroom facilities and free wifi - all you could ask for. The staff, whilst pro-dominantly only speaking French, were very friendly. A special mention must be made to the manager Yacine. When our flight to Algiers was cancelled he personally helped us, making many phone calls on my behalf - great customer service. This must be qualified however. Oran is arguably not a good place for tourism yet, it has potential, but really needs to be developed first. Yet, for business reasons it would be the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacob S
Sheraton_1572, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Oran, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Jacob S,

We would like to thank you for the great review ! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Oran. We will not hesitate to consider your comment and share it with our staff to improve the quality of service for our guests

We would be delighted to welcome you to our facility next time to give you the opportunity to experience a remarkable and satisfying experience.

Please accept, Sir, our most distinguished greetings

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The infrastructure is great, the setting is magnificent, but the service is not. Check-in was professional - but Room service phoned back 4 times from a really noisy room to confirm a simple order. Bar service was reluctant at best. When the service improves, it will be a great destination.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Four Points O, La direction Générale du Four Points by Sheraton Oran at Four Points by Sheraton Oran, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Dear CRAIG Y ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we are really saddened that you could not be satisfied.

Looking forward to welcoming you again under good conditions.

Please accept our sincere greetings.