“First Summer Visit - Again Amazing!!!”
Review of Hotel Stebbins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Algoma
Hotel Stebbins
Ranked #1 of 3 Algoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2016

It was nice to see and experience The Hotel Stebbins during warmer months. The new renovations have been expertly finished and the bathrooms are quaint with a touch of modern convenience. The shower head gets its own 5-star rating, what a nice experience, felt like standing outside and warm rain falling on you, great way to start and end the day.

I stayed in the Victorian Suit this time (1st for me). The room is beautiful and the view gives you a panoramic view of the s/e part of the city and water/beach. The bed is very high off the floor, giving you the true Victorian era feel and my gawd the bed was so comfy! The bedding is soft, very clean and hugs you as you sleep and as always plenty of pillows. Its obvious kitties were consulted in the comfort design :))

I had the roasted duck with cherry sauce (picture included). What an amazing tasty meal; the meat was very tender and the cherry sauce (plenty of it) enhanced the flavor of the already perfect duck meat. You will also get a trip to the salad/soup bar, which has fresh ingredients to chose from. You know you are at the right place when its the place the locals dine at frequently.

I shall return to Algoma and I know where I will always stay, the awesome-sauce ever tranquil Hotel Stebbins.

Side-Note: be kind and tip the staff that helped make your stay enjoyable from the bartender, room service attendant and servers. They are the behind the scenes support staff that make your memories special.

Room Tip: The Victorian Suit is located at the corner of the building, very quite.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Happiertraveling, Owner at Hotel Stebbins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

The good Lord gives us great customers like you to keep all rolling happy and healthy over here at Hotel Stebbins. Thank you for taking good care of my staff!!!!!!! I look forward to your next hello:)

Reviewed 13 August 2016

I have stayed at the Hotel Stebbins for the past 5 years on my annual August trip around Wisconsin. I want to review it each time to let travelers know that this hotel continues to be a wonderful place to stay. I always enjoy seeing Kristine, the hands-on owner. She has done a wonderful job remodeling the rooms. They are all unique, comfortable and clean! There is one room with a full kitchen. Otherwise the rooms have refrigerators, coffee makers, A/C, etc. All of Kristine's staff who I have encountered are wonderful, very helpful and accommodating. The rates are VERY reasonable. Because my visit is only one day/night after meeting for a meal with family in Green Bay, I have yet to enjoy the dining room. But I hear only good things from other people who have eaten there. I look forward to my visit each year.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Happiertraveling, Owner at Hotel Stebbins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Thank you for the great review and your repeat stays!!! It's a pleasure to see our repeat customer base growing. I love the fact that although I only get to see yourself and other customers just like you only once a year, I do get to see you once a year:)). We continue to try to improve the building, our customer service, our amenities while keeping a very reasonable rate. Thank you so much for recognizing this and again for the uplifting feedback. I look forward to your 2017 return!

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Each room has it's own theme. We got the garden room. It was small but had everything we needed. The bed was a little small for my husband who is very tall, but we were comfortable. The sheets are a dream, so very soft it's hard to leave the bed. The only downfall was we were located over the bar, which stays open until 2am. Although I slept through it, my husband was kept up by the noise.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

I am truly sorry to hear you found noise to be an issue for you during your stay! We actually close the bar no later then 11pm with absolutely no acceptions! We do stay open past midnight on New Year's Eve so I am not sure about the 2am issue and what noises were keeping you up till then, but I am very sorry to hear your husband didn't rest as well as you. On your next visit please check out our two rooms with a King bed as they are in a quieter location of the Hotel and the bed may be a better fit for you and make your stay overall a better time. Thank you for your stay with us.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We visit Algoma at least once a year. We look forward to visiting this area. We have always stayed at Hotel Stebbins and have never been disappointed. Again this year we went for a Thursday concert in the park, of which Hotel Stebbins is a proud sponsor. Thank you, Kristine, for being a part of this. It is so neat being by the water and listening to the amazing musical talent they seem to get every year. We went to the winery and bought a delicious bottle of wine to enjoy with the music. We went to the local grocery store and bought food to go with our outing.
Back to the hotel--We love it!!!! We have written numerous good reviews about this place, BUT it keeps getting better and better so we feel we need to write another review. Mary was so helpful upon our check in. The room we chose was GREAT. The whole hotel has charm and character. It seems that every year, Kristine has done renovations to improve the hotel. It is in a great location. Upon arrival, we didn't move our car until check out. That is nice.
THANKS for a GREAT trip!!!!

Stayed: July 2016

You are welcome! Thank you for your repeat stays!! Yes, we do tackle yet another project every year and take your responses and communication from our customers in consideration when making more improvements and changes. Ultimately, at the end of the day though keeping my people focused on 100% care of you and investing in things that make my customers happy is most important to me. That being said, I am glad Mary was able to make a difference in your stay and that I could be a part of a great event of the Concerts in the Park to make your time here awesome:). See you again soon! Kristine

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Making an overnight stop in Algoma, we were advised to seek out this restaurant by our little hotel owner. The restaurant was super, sort of a "supper club" of atmosphere. The bar staff was very friendly and outgoing with the cherry drinks wonderful and refreshing!! The wait staff were young, but very attentive. The salad bar and soup were include with our entree , stuffed shrimp-delicious. The fish night special looked inviting, but again buffets are not our usual choice. We would have loved to book a jhotel reservation here, but did not find the hotel in time as were looking for lodging, Advertise!!! A bit of the past but needs to attract more than local folk . The hotel reminded of the lodging available in Deadwood , South Dakota

Room Tip: Only used the restaurant portion
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time and that my staff did what they were suppose to do in treating you well and with extra care! The "assistant waitstaff" are indeed young and provide extra support for our more seasoned staff members who truly running the dining room. We love mentoring our people from the ground up here at the Hotel and I am glad to hear the young ones are getting the picture and taking good care of you. We are proud to do that and make a nice evening for you and your friends/family with sincerity! Yes, I am sorry you did not find us in time to stay with us! Maybe next time:)