“Hard to find, but well worth it!”
Review of Hotel Stebbins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Algoma
Hotel Stebbins
Ranked #1 of 3 Algoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Making an overnight stop in Algoma, we were advised to seek out this restaurant by our little hotel owner. The restaurant was super, sort of a "supper club" of atmosphere. The bar staff was very friendly and outgoing with the cherry drinks wonderful and refreshing!! The wait staff were young, but very attentive. The salad bar and soup were include with our entree , stuffed shrimp-delicious. The fish night special looked inviting, but again buffets are not our usual choice. We would have loved to book a jhotel reservation here, but did not find the hotel in time as were looking for lodging, Advertise!!! A bit of the past but needs to attract more than local folk . The hotel reminded of the lodging available in Deadwood , South Dakota

Room Tip: Only used the restaurant portion
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Happiertraveling, Owner at Hotel Stebbins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time and that my staff did what they were suppose to do in treating you well and with extra care! The "assistant waitstaff" are indeed young and provide extra support for our more seasoned staff members who truly running the dining room. We love mentoring our people from the ground up here at the Hotel and I am glad to hear the young ones are getting the picture and taking good care of you. We are proud to do that and make a nice evening for you and your friends/family with sincerity! Yes, I am sorry you did not find us in time to stay with us! Maybe next time:)

Reviewed 12 July 2016

This was my second trip to the hotel and this time I stayed in a smaller room but the bed again was so restful. Each of the rooms are different with a special theme. I was not on the street side so the room was really quiet at night. All the furnishings were old style but very nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Pick any of the rooms for a nice view, front or back.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your repeat business! It's always so great to see faces return and is truly our chance for us to get to know you better and take even better care of you on each and every return. As the owner, I am a bit selfish when it comes to getting a good nights rest and I want my guests to as well so I am glad you have found the beds we have invested in super comfy! Very important to me...see you next time!

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Food was ok. It was a buffet so I don't expect perfection. Popcorn shrimp, red fish, and the seafood chowder were good. Everyone at the table had a second cup. There were two burgers ordered also they both said they were good. Wait staff was very attentive and hotel was kept up well.

Stayed: July 2016

The Fish & Shrimp Buffet is a very popular chose fro sure during our Friday dinner hour. Thank you for dining with us ~ we truly appreciate your patronage and I am happy to hear your service was great!

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

I did not know what to expect when I booked a night in the Old World room at Hotel Stebbins for my niece's wedding. Thankfully, it was great. The staff was incredibly welcoming and informative. Since it is in the heart of Algoma, the hotel is within walking distance to many shops, restaurants, and other distractions. With a bar and restaurant on the ground floor, I was a little concerned about noise, but our room turned out to be very quiet. Perhaps next time we'll be able to check out that restaurant.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Happiertraveling, Owner at Hotel Stebbins, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

So excited to see our local wedding traffic and there families growing here in Algoma the past couple years! What a beautiful spot to make lasting memories for the bride and her family and friends. Thank you for the great review! I agree Algoma is a gem and Hotel Stebbins is a lasting piece of history and a gem within a phenomenal town! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

On motorcycles and wanted somewhere we could park and walk around. Perfect location. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The cook helped us check in!
Room tastefully decorated, large bathroom, mini fridge, most comfortable bed we have ever slept in.
Bar open from 4-9pm. Great drinks (but they don't muddle the old fashioneds), good bartenders.
Restaurant has same hours. Extensive menu, daily specials, and an amazing salad bar. Understand the Friday fish buffet is unbeatable.
We loved the ambience and staff

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

You hit the right spot for parking with no need to get back on the bike (or in a vehicle hypothetically) until you leave the Hotel! Algoma is the most walkable town and the Hotel is the most centrally located spot within the town to lodge in order to do exactly that! Love that you enjoyed your motorcycle tour in and around our area. Ericka, the cook, btw is so much more then just a cook...like all of us here at Hotel Stebbins. She has been and will continue to work towards learning anything and everything necessary to make this little world within the walls of Hotel Stebbins go round. We are innkeepers with many hats and multi-talented with the ultimate underlying desire to make our customers super happy. Thank you for staying with us and yes sir/ma'am its "understood" and I happen to agree that the Friday fish buffet is unbeatable! Kristine