Lowest prices for your stay
Rakuten Travel
$104
$89
$94
Free cancellation until 11/10/22
Hotels.com$89
Tripadvisor$89
Lol.travel$126
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2019 via mobile

We were a family of four (all adults) and stayed in the 'Hinode' room for three nights. The room was clean and tidy, and is located on the second floor (first floor for Western countries' definition). It is so spacious with more than enough space for four futons fully laid out and space to sit around the Japanese (short) living table and watch tv.
Note that we only had our overnight bags as our large bags were sent from our previous accommodation to the next accommodation.

We could only booked a room with shared bath and toilet.
I was worried that my family would not be used to the shared bathroom and toilet arrangement (as I'm used to this arrangement in one of my past Japan travels), but they were perfectly fine with it. The bath, toilet and sink area are always clean throughout our stay.

To get to the ryokan from Iseshi station, make sure to take the JR station exit if you get to Ise by Kintetsu train. As you exit the JR station building, turn left and walk on the road next to the train line. There is a shrine on the opposite side of the road. You will see that the ryokan is opposite this shrine.

We didn't have any problem with noise from the trains, cars, etc. It is a quiet area with lots of restaurants nearby. Ise Geku shrine is within short walking distance and it is easy to get on a bus that takes you to Ise Naiku shrine.

The ryokan staff doesn't speak much of English but we didn't have problem with that as I can speak some Japanese. They are really nice and helpful, and gave us recommendations for breakfast and dinner around the ryokan. I am pretty sure if you can't speak Japanese, they will go out of their way to help you.

I'm sure anyone would worry about the comfort level of the futon. Out of all my numerous Japan trips and ryokan stays, this ryokan, honestly, has the thickest futon mattress that I have ever slept on. You won't even feel like you are sleeping on a futon (i.e. on tatami mat/floor). I didn't have any issue with sleeping throughout our stay.

I would definitely recommend this ryokan to anyone coming to Ise and wanting to stay near Iseshi station.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank yu_take
Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

A sweet small hotel next to the train station. The staff is very friendly. The location is quite good. Some tourist attractions are not far away. Also, there are a lot of good restaurant around. The room ia very neat, clean and spacious.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank deniskan
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Hinode Ryokan was 'home' for two nights of our Kumano Kodo Iseji trek and we couldn't have been happier with our experience.

The cozy rooms were a delight each day, with the heater doing a more than adequate job of warming us after a cold day of hiking. The onsen is fantastic as well.

Special shout out to the owner, who was kind enough to dry our shoes for us after a torrid day of hiking in the rain!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Although we stayed at a room without a private toilet or bathroom, it did not create much inconvenience at all. The ryokan was about 3 mins walk from the train station (from memory, exit from the Platform 1 side and turn left when you walk out of the station). The staff were super-friendly and helpful, the room was very spacious, the futons were very comfortable - more so than many of the beds that we had slept on in Japan. The breakfasts were served in our private dining room and they were delicious. Iseshi was pretty quiet during our visit in late November and we had a peaceful and beautiful time staying in the area. Some of the nice memories were brought about by the pleasant stay at Hinode Ryokan. Everyone at the Ryokan was very friendly, and 'Asasa' who took us to our room and explained the amenities to us, deserves a special mention.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We stayed at this ryokan right next to Ise-shi station during our family vacation to the Ise Grand Shrine. This is a family owned ryokan, and I believe the elderly lady we encountered was the first okami-san (landlady), while the younger one who greeted us is the current okami-san.

This is an old ryokan, and if you are looking to experience the Showa-era Japan, this might be the place. The rooms, the hallway, the stairs, all reminded me of the old house that my grandparents used to live in. We were shown a room on the second floor with a small table and four futons. The wooden window frames allowed cold wind to come in, and so we had to crank up the air conditioning. The bath was ok, and although it was shared, we did not meet anyone else. Our plan had breakfast included, which was actually nice, with rice, miso soup and a piece of salmon. In all, I felt that the place was overpriced, but this could have been because we were visiting during the high-season.

Date of stay: December 2016