See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

We had a room with 3 beds. The 3rd bed was not even a bed. It was an old couch with the back removed and a futon put on top. I slept in the bed and let my wife, mother-in-law and daughters have the other beds. Worst night I have had since my daughters were first born and we were feeding every 2 hours. Terrible that they think this is reasonable and they can charge money for this disservice.
Also, the typical Japanese room remodel with the insert bathrooms. We had a 1 foot step to get in the bathroom. The insert was small for any American with size. It was fine for my in laws and wife who are both 5 foot tall and Japanese.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
熊野隆, 支配人 at Hotel Wing International Shimonoseki, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Thank you for using our hotel and pointing out for the facilities.
The room you used was a twin room with 3 beds( one bed was a extra small bed)
We apologize that our explanation was not enough.
Also for the bathroom , we should have explained that there was a step.
Thank you for your posting.
From now we make it a rule to explain enough about the room,especially
for the persons from foreign countries.
Hope to meet you and your family again.

Reviewed 19 December 2014

The room was small but the restaurant had THE BEST fugu in all Japan. I ate fugu in Osaka and Tokyo as well but nothing compared to the ones served at this hotel's restaurant. Even my 80 years old father raved about the texture and flavor differerence. Definitely recommend, even if it's just to stop by the restaurant to eat.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mimes27
熊野隆, 支配人 at Hotel Wing International Shimonoseki, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2015

Dear Ms.Mimes27

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
Delicious meal & comfortable staying is the concept of our hotel.
And thanks a lot that your father estimate the FUGU dish.
We are very glad that you contribute.
We promise to let you eat more delicious meal and let you stay more comfortable!
Looking forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We were brought to Shimonoseki to try the famous fuku (blow fish). Although we were only there for one night the staff at the Hotel Wing were really helpful and accommodating. We were really surprised with the level of English spoken not only here but throughout the country. Anyhow specifically Wakako was really helpful with our requests and even left us a little note at the end of her shift since our restaurant question hadn't been resolved. The room was small (typical of Japan) but very clean and comfortable. The free wifi was very convenient as was the location. It was right by the train and bus station. There was not too much going on in this sleepy town but the highlight for us was waking up at 5am and heading to the fish market. There is a bus that runs from the station to the market. Here you can see all the wholesalers selling their fish and the whole process from boat to market. On the second floor there are seats over a balcony that leaves room for some great photographs and people watching. Also on the second floor is a lovely local restaurant that was literally packed at 7am for breakfast. Here we ate Fuku for the cheapest price I have ever seen (and we survived!) Highly recommend this hotel if your travels bring you to Shimonoseki!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
熊野隆, 支配人 at Hotel Wing International Shimonoseki, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

On behalf of Hotel Wing, we’d really like to say thank you that you stayed here and posted comment.
We are really releaved to hear that you could eat Fuku and enjoy Shimonoseki !!
Moreover, you praised our hotel. We really appreciate.
Actually, Wakako is a new employee here.

I’ve been nervous all the time but, your comment really raised me up !! Thank you very much !! (Wakako)

If you have any chance to come to Shimonoseki again, please choose Wing..
We’d really like to see you again.
Thank you.
Manager Takashi Kumano and, Wakako hatabu from Front desk

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I finally had some vacation time and wanted to revisit the first Japanese city I've been to. I had previously spent a day in Shimonoseki on business back in May 2011 and seeing as how my vacation was coming up in August, I wanted to get a better taste of the city. There are numerous hotels in the vicinity of the International Ferry Terminal, but on the week I was planning to arrive, most of the hotels were already booked and/or were too costly for my price range. I wanted a good mix of comfort and value and thankfully found it with this hotel. I wasn't able to check in until 3 PM and I had arrived at 8 AM that morning so I had a lot of time to wander around the area. When I finally checked in, I was greeted by a friendly staff and a clean, comfortable room. I was definitely going to need it as I was sweaty and exhausted from the walking that day. I had opted for the breakfast plan and for the most part chose the delicious Japanese-style breakfasts. I also tried fugu for the first time in the hotel restaurant as well. Shimonoseki is famous for being the fugu capital of Japan so I wanted to sample this dish before I left. In short, the service was wonderful and I would recommend this hotel for those traveling to Shimonoseki. And a very big thank you to the manager, Mr. Takashi Kumano as well!

Room Tip: Book as early as you can for the best rates. They fill up quite fast.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PsychoGemini
熊野隆, 支配人 at Hotel Wing International Shimonoseki, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Dear Sir.
Thank you for your visitting at our hotel and thank you for your contribution.
We are very glad to read your reply.
Especially we were impressed that you have published the photograph.
I hope to see you again, and all of our staff are looking forward to seeing you again.

Hotel Wing International Shimonoseki
Manager Takashi Kumano

Reviewed 6 November 2010

I found this place via Hostelworld. Located next to the train and bus stations. Very clean and comfortable rooms, nice staff that speak some English, helpful with your request. Free internet. Next to a Shopping Mall that have a wonderful food market at the basement.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Ramon M
hwishi, 支配人 at Hotel Wing International Shimonoseki, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2011

Dear Sir.
Thank you for your visitting at our hotel and thank you for your contribution.
We are very glad to read your reply.

Hotel Wing International Shimonoseki