“Great place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Mechanicsville
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stay at this facility several times a week during my travels. I always enjoy my stay here. In my experience they have accomodated CLC cards for several trucking companies. They have always been clean and very welcoming to truck drivers, allowing plenty of room to park larger vehicles. There is also an Applebees restaraunt within walking distance that the hotel provides a card allowing a 10% discount at the restaraunt for staying at there hotel. Staff is always friendly and willing to help with anything that you may need. I have and will continue to encourage family/friends to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Enjoy staying on the South side, because it is quiet and near the ice and vending machines.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sammie S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Property is clean and staff is friendly. I see someone reported bugs at this site - they must have brought them with them. I stay here at least twice a month and have never had any issues. In fact, I am a district manager in the travelcenter industry( NC,SCand VA )- the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland VA is my favorite "home away from home."

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank CaseyA56
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We were travelling through on the weekend when it is called march madness in Richmond so we decided to stay on the highway hotel as we were told there were no rooms available in richmond. As we pulled over we saw that the parking lot was full and plenty of guests in the lobby and we heard about bugs and my husband and I saw the hotel team trying to clam the guests and were trying to explain but the group of people were just screaming at the management team of the hotel. We had never come across such a scene and so we stood on the side and watched how those group of people were treating the hotel staff. It was so disgusting that we were shocked, after 15 minutes we decided to check in and we went to our room. The room was very clean and the staff were excellent. We went down to get dinner at applebees next door which was very convinient. Please do not believe the stupid nonsense of bugs as there was nothing in our room and the staff were excellent, my husband told me that the management company who ran this hotel had some excellent staff.
My personal compliments to the General Manager who is lady at handling the situation and making us welocome in all the rukus. Keep up the good work and we will recommend this hotel to all friends and family and visit you again when we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica M
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to this fine Hotel for their exemplary service and attention to details over the last five years. I have stayed there for three nights a month, and they always take care of me and my family (when they have been with me). I have booked a business conference there recently and their service was outstanding.

I always feel at home here when I'm in Virginia.

Thankyou!
Garry Astles
President, Pa AWI 2006-2012

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Garry A
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been staying there once or twice per week for three years. The staff is courteous, and the hotel is clean. Most of the staff and I are on a first name basis. They try to give me the same room every week, which is very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front center have central heat/AC. The fan does not run all of the time.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ricki W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
0.4 km away
#3 of 13 in Ashland
10.3 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
10.3 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK