“Our favorite place for sushi”
Review of Sushi Yokozuna

Sushi Yokozuna
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We love Yokozuna! The sushi is simple, where the emphasis is on the fish and not all the extras. It's fresh, well prepared and well balanced, and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Really good for strip mall sushi, though there was too much sauce for my taste. No ambiance/atmosphere to speak of, but the food is solid.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We were headed to a Japanese Kodo Drum performance and wanted a good meal to start off the night. From the "irsasshaimase!" greeting to the green tea cheesecake finish, Yokozuna provided the perfect expence. The Chirashi Bowl and avocado eel rolls are always standouts, as well as the tempura and miso soup with clams are delicious. Also good was a selection of Japanese beers and saki. Finally, there was the impromptu solo with piano accompaniment by the chef and his son following birthday wishes for a patron. Great service, small staff.

1  Thank Jijibabamacau
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I go to college in this town and I was expecting not to see too many sushi places around because it is such a small community and if I did, I didn't expect it to be in my price range or tastes but thankfully, I was wrong!

The sushi here is fresh and there is a large variety. Coming from Maryland, where seafood is always freshly caught, I was surprised by the flavor of the sushi and pleased that it tasted so good.

Also, if you are a Randolph-Macon College student, just show them your Student I.D. and they give a 10% discount.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Amazing restaurant!! The owners and the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The sushi is amazing in every way!! Presentation is beautiful, the styles are gorgeous, and the taste is great!!

This is easily one of those restaurants where your food is almost too pretty to eat! Mouthwatering, succulent, flavorful delicious!!

I could not recommend this restaurant enough!! Definitely one of my very top Sushi Restaurants in Central Virginia!

Been to Sushi Yokozuna? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK