“YUM! ”

Ranked #31 of 237 Restaurants in Ashburn
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "At Kaiser's" is the Washington, DC metro area's first authentic Austrian Gasthaus. This unique Gasthaus provides a traditional Austrian experience unparalleled by any other venue in the area. Featuring succulent, classic fare from Austrian Chef Thomas Verschnik, "At Kaiser's" is the perfect place for date night, family get-togethers, birthday parties or corporate events. Guests of "At Kaiser's" will enjoy world famous dishes including the classic Wienerschnitzel, Bratwurst, homemade Applestrudel, Zwiebelrostbraten and many more. Our selections also include vegetarian options, as well as a Kids Menu. Featuring some of Austria's finest Beers including such prestigious names as Stiegl and Eggenberg, and time-honored wines from regions like Steiermark, Lower Austria and the Burgenland - "At Kaiser's" brings the certain something that has been missing from the Washington DC area. With something for everyone and every occasion, join us for an atmosphere of friendly fun and "Gemutlichkeit". See for yourself, there's no other experience like "At Kaiser's - The Austrian Gasthaus"!
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great service, delicious food! Had the Wurst Platter, nice surprise to get apple flavor sauerkraut.

3  Thank Suzanne C
Sabeena S, Owner at At Kaiser's - The Austrian Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you very much for your comment!

We would love to see you soon!

At Kaiser's Team

Reviewed 2 November 2016

This place is worth checking out. They offer Vetliner which is a favorite of mine so they et points in my book for that alone. The menu is very Austrian for sure and very quality. Loved everything we ordered. We sent friends who were looking for a relaxed date night spot and they loved it as much as we did. The owner stopped by our table a few times to see if we were happy. I love a good Mom and Pop restaurant.

3  Thank jeanninepepper

Dear Jeannine,

Thank you very much! With so many chains in our area we appreciate you choose to have something different and come to us. We take pride in our Wine list - though very small we thrive to choose the best Austrian Veltliners such as Leo Hillinger.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends - hope to see many of you and your friends again!

At Kaiser's Team

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We have eaten here a number of times and keep coming back because the food, atmosphere and superbly knowledgeable and friendly staff make each meal a memorable experience. The owner grew up and learned the restaurant business in Vienna and the food refects that authenticity. The Vienner Schnitzel is perfect, as is the balance of the menu. Much of the meat and beer come from Austria regularly and the fresh smoked sausage in the dishes taste just as I remember during my times in Austria. You cannot go wrong with ordering anything from the menu, and since its all made fresh, they can adjust to your taste.

3  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I recently ate at this restaurant late Sunday. There was approximately 2 other customers present. The restaurant was clean, and quiet and with Austrian music playing in the background.

I ordered the Veal Weiner Schnitzel, with potato salad and a a side green salad. I also ordered a "lemon- beer".

The food was promptly prepared and delivered to my table in about 12 minutes. I was a little dismayed by the size of the veal, as I expected a large piece of veal, rather than three strips of veal. Nonetheless, it was tasty. But, nothing really stood out as "Wow!" The prices seemed a little high too.

However, I'll back to visit this restaurant when I have more time, and I plan on returning not so late. I may be a little hard in judging this restaurant, as I have grown up in Austria and Germany, not to mention my Mother is Austrian. ;)

Prosit.

3  Thank Cmikey915
Reviewed 7 August 2016

A truly authentic Austrian restaurant that has wonderful food. Started out with Landjager (cold smoked wurst and pickled onions) and a baked pretzel. Both dishes were very good. For entrees my son and I both had the pork knuckle (must order 2 days in advance) which was huge and very tasty. I complemented mine with sauerkraut and he had potato salad. My wife and daughter-in-law both had the veal Wienerschnitzel which they both said was wonderful, complemented by french fries and salad. Besides the fact that the food was wonderful, the beer and wine were also very good. Service is pleasant and efficient. The owner Sabina was also our waitress and was very attentive.

2  Thank Edward P