“ritzy”

The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 23 April 2012

great hotel as expected from the Ritz. location is perfect as you get the glamour of a 5 star hotel without the dc prices and you are right opposite the metro
nice heated pool,great service throughout the hotel with superb breakfasts.
I had to advocate for myself to get the platinum travel amex benefit which was 100 dollars food credit but they settled this very quickly after checking the bill
highly recommended and has a huge mall connected ,self park is 16 dollars daily but no guard so I opted for valet for an extra 11,worth it for peace of mind.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tintininpa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This location may not be in the heart of DC but you will still love it. We've stayed here twice as a family and I love this hotel. It is directly on the train line minutes away from DC proper. It's also directly connected to the Pentagon City Mall with every store your heart will desire. The rooms have beautiful decor and the staff was lovely. Also, the restaurant and bar area was quite engaging. It's a great location if you need to visit Alexandria, VA for any business. I will be staying here again soon.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank TheGlamorousLife
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I arrived on the Metro train from DCA airport where the hotel is a quick 2 stops away (on both the blue & yellow line) and literally in the same building as the Pentagon City Metro station which connects to the lovely 'The Fashion Centre' mall further connecting to the hotel through it's Fyve restaurant.
As you walk into this ultra-classy situation, the red carpets, fresh flowers, crystal chandeliers and even fabulous aroma you get the idea that this is a serious establishment.

James graciously checked me in at the front desk to room 1526 under my AAA Friday night rate of $219 + tax (Interestingly, a midweek rate here is easily $500+ though being that it's in Pentagon city I am pretty sure there is a strongly negotiated government rate).

Beautiful elevators and luxury corridors leaded me to my room towards the end of the hallway on the 15th floor.
The two - kind of - negative pointers happened now. As I entered the room I was surprised to see a welcome amenity of assorted cookies and brownie cakes with a card next to it. But as I came closer I saw the name on the card was someone else's which made me think that perhaps James has given me the wrong room. I called down, he apologized and said that it is defiantly my room and that apparently the cookies were placed in the wrong room. He told me I should enjoy the food and get rid of the card which worked out great as the brownies were Devine!
The second thing that kind of bothered me was the fact the the shower was not a walk-in but part of the tub which to me was a first in a Ritz Carlton.

Small to medium sized room, a nice view overlooking the mall and surrounding government buildings. As expected from a Ritz this room was piled with wonderful amenities, a heavenly bed (I know, that's a Westin word) covered in pillows, dress valet with a free shoe-shine option, overstocked minibar, desk with comfy chairs and a big closet. The bathroom had bathrobes, luxurious towels in all shapes and sizes along with the classy Ritz toiletries including mouthwash & cotton buds.

I ordered my usual Ritz room-service and 20 minutes later the lovely gentlemen knocked on my door with an oversized bowl of the most delicious cut strawberries with whipped cream.

I slept like a baby and in the morning I dialed '0' to ask if they sell AA batteries which I needed for my shaver and the lady from the front desk delivered them to my room moments later.

I was planning on joining Fyve (the only hotel in-house dining option) for their weekend high-tea but was advised that they needed 24 hour advance reservations as they prepare each portion.

I was given a late checkout and free internet as per my Marriott Elite status and left the hotel feeling that the Ritz yet again did the job right!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TheGlobeTrotterNYC
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed at the Ritz for a lengthy business trip. It is in an absolutely perfect location, attached to a mall with a private entrance accessible only to RC guests. I was greetly warmly and greeted by name for the duration of my stay. The hotel is absolutely stunning. The staff, referred to as ladies and gentleman have been superbly trained to deliver service to all guests on an unbelievable level. The metro is right outside the door and makes for a very convenient form of transportation throughout the city. I would definitely visit this property again. Make sure to ask for Ada who is one of the nicest housekeepers ever. And the turn down service is just so classy.I swear the chocolate tastes better than Godiva. The filling of the ice buckets is a very nice touch. The breakfast come with large portions and the orange juice is the sweetest you have ever tasted. The conceirge is so knowledgable, friendly, and inviting. She was able to help me with a walk in the city and with my sore feet upon my return.

Room Tip: If you would like a room with a view, make sure you request one.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bluengold2007
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed at the Ritz for Easter weekend with my family. Great location, a beautiful hotel and a wonderful staff! The pentagon city mall is convenient, pentagon row with additional eating choices are within a quick walk. The metro is right out the front door with all of Washington, DC a short ride away! Will definitely return!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Dupont Circle
The Hay-Adams
The Hay-Adams
#2 of 142 in Washington DC

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK