Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
Highlander Motel(Arlington)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskballston metro stationmile radiusrooms are cleanthe shuttle driverorange linerestaurants in the areawithin walking distancebusiness tripdc areabreakfast buffetper nightblock walkthe hotel offerscoffee makersadeparking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel was very nice and clean. Great amenities and location!

1  Thank 10Miler
Reviewed 8 December 2011

AZIZ was alot of help on December 03, 2011 setting up PESI healthcare conference. With refreshment and room temperture in the conference room. Always on call at a drop of a dime very nice guy I informed him i wish him the best of luck in life and for his family. I didnt stay at the hotel just came in the morning for the conference i live in the area but i will be back.

1  Thank ThomasHop15
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Because of work, I have been staying at this hotel for 2 to 3 nights a week for the last year.
I have found it to be a cut above the usual chain hotels. The personnel are warm and welcoming and ready to assist you in whatever way they can. Check in is always effecient and speedy...check out the same. Over the course of the year, I have stayed in many different rooms. All were clean, well maintained and quiet and come equipped with a coffee maker and a fridge. I just wish some rooms had microwaves, and it would be great if the rooms had printed TV channel guides. The restaurant is okay; I wish the menu was a bit more expansive. The wait staff are efficient and very friendly. The fitness room is small and would benefit from having one more treadmill. I usually have to wait to get one. The hotel is convenient to the Metro, only 2 blocks down the street. There are many good restaurants in the area and a shopping center just 3 blocks away. The hotel has a shuttle service to go anywhere within a 2 mile radius. When the weather is inclement, this is very helpful.
Once again, I want to reiterate how great the entire staff is; it is a pleasure to stay here.
Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to business folk as well as to tourists.

1  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed with a friend for 4 nights over Thanksgiving weekend on the 9th floor in a smoking room. I do not smoke my companion does but I did not find this room smoke stained. Room was clean, linens nice. Bed was very comfortable and so were pillows. I did sleep very well in this hotel. Did have some trouble adjusting temp in room but we just turned it off and were fine. Towels were soft. Room came with coffeemaker and small fridge. I bring my own electrical hot water maker to have more coffee in the room and bring instant. Our floor was extremely quiet. No noise in the hallways. Parking lot under construction. Parking is $12.00 overnight with Valet service. The guys that work as Valets are wonderful, pleasant and efficient. We took the Breakfast/parking package. You recieve a $20.00 voucher for the room and 1/2 off parking. In the future I would skip the breakfast. Average price for Breakfast is $9.00 for value breakfast which is 2 eggs with roasted potatoes, sausage or bacon and choice of toast. Coffee $3.00 and so is juice so you are over $20.00 if more than 1 person pretty quick and it wasn't that good. Coffee to go is $2.00 and very bittler. 7-11 down street has better coffee, so does IHOP. Wait staff at breakfast sometimes were annoying and rushed you when you were the only ones in the dining room and it was early in the service time. Needs improvement here. My advise skip the breakfast package and go to IHOP down the street One of the DC bus tours pick up at hotel at around 9am 1 time only. Ask at the desk. You have to find your way back. Took the Metro back from DC and called for the shuttle which came right away and got us which was very nice. Had light dinner first night (salads) at the Silver Leaf, not impressed, did not go back for dinner again only breakfast because we already paid for it. Desk staff seemed pleasant did not interact with them too much. Does have a bar which we did not use plus 2 public computers which I used to check me e-mail

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank catwoman27
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I dined several times in the Silver Leaf lobby restaurant where the service was excellent. My room was okay - clean, but needing maintenance, especially for the peeling bathtub. There seemed to be lots of hallway noise from people talking loudly to doors slamming.

I had mixed results with the front desk staff. Check in was smooth and efficient. Yet, when I returned to the desk with questions, I was ignored by three different staff members for over three minutes. They were talking about their recent facebook postings.

The fitness center is very small and there is no weight equipment or machine as indicated on the website. The television is unusually placed - it is behind the treadmills, which makes it difficult to see!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business