3,188 results
All reviewsdouble treenorth towerrevolving restaurantskydome restaurantcrystal citywarm cookieslobby barpentagon mallwhole foodsself parkingbreakfast buffetfree shuttlewashington dcmetro stationshuttle servicereagan airportfitness center
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Last week, my family and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at your lovely hotel, DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC Crystal City. I wanted to personally write to you to let you know that we had a wonderful, albeit brief stay.

Every year, my step-children fly to Omaha to visit their Father for 4 weeks. This year, we decided that they would catch their flight from Reagan National, and that we would stay overnight to take in some of the sites in our Nation’s Capital. Your facility was in the perfect location to facilitate the proximity of the airport AND the city sites.

Your facility was right on the mark for the most desirable criteria: Clean, Comfortable, and Quiet. Check in was a breeze…the warm cookie for each member of the family was a delight after a long drive.

The hotel elevators were clean, quiet, and quite brisk. I only mention this as it is often overlooked, and a speedy trip to a high floor on an elevator in a crowed hotel is always a plus.

Your concierge was very polite and arranged an evening tour of the district. She was quite knowledgeable, asked just the right number of questions to secure a tour that was perfect for my family. She even took the time to walk me to the designated pick up point out on the street. This was a definite plus.

We had just enough time before our scheduled tour pick up time to visit your unique SkyDome restaurant to grab a quick bite (again, at the suggestion of the Concierge). The staff was very attentive and best of all, our meal was brought out swiftly. The view was breathtaking, and the food was delicious.

Upon returning from our tour, our room (I believe it was Room Number 1222) was, as mentioned before, quite, clean, and very comfortable. The allergy free environment augmented by the HEPA filter machine made for simply the best hotel room in which we have ever stayed. Our daughter has chronic allergies, and she slept like a baby. Perfect.

Breakfast the following morning was a delight. The food was delicious and hearty. The wait staff was, again, very attentive and pleasant.

Check-out was flawless. This was important because we literally had a plane to catch.

I only have one small complaint. When I reserved the room, I asked for, and had confirmed a room with a view of the city. Instead, we were assigned a room with a view of the South Tower. This was a big disappointment to my wife and kids. I thought that with such a price paid, $300+, we would be accommodated with the confirmed “room with a view”. Nothing to get bent out of shape about, but, in the intrest of improvement, I feel the need to raise the issue. With such a rigorous schedule, I must admit I did not take the time to make my complaint known to the front desk. In retrospect, I fully believe that if I had, we would have been moved to the other side of the building. We will try again in July when we return to pick up the kids from Reagan National. No worries. We have already made arrangements to stay at this property again.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay at your beautiful facility. I definitely plan to stay with you at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington, DC Crystal City next month when our children return from their visit to the Midwest.

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm room indeed has a view of the city, if that is what you are paying for. Let the staff know immediately if you are not 100% saticefied so that they can, hopefully, accomadate you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for the review. I agree, the location of the hotel is excellent for people flying in to see DC. The complimentary shuttle to Reagan Airport makes it so convenient and hassle free to get to the hotel. Then the option of a short 3 block walk or complimentary shuttle ride to the Metro makes it just as easy to get to DC.

Yes, after a long drive or flight we understand that the last thing anyone wants is a long check in process. We have gone to a paperless check in and that makes it much quicker. Also the warm Doubletree cookie helps everyone relax and is a great way to start the stay.

Saida, the concierge, has been with us for quite some time. She knows the best way to see DC and can offer many suggestions to make the trip go smooth. We are very lucky to have her as making our guests happy is her number one priority.

I really recommend that every guest visits the Skydome. There is absolutely no better view of Washington DC and even if it is just to take in the view, please make it a point to go up to the Skydome. Of course, we would be happy to serve you a drink or a bite to eat while you sit & enjoy the revolving floor. Where else can you see all the sites the panoramic view offers without having to get up?

Our PURE rooms are a big hit for many guests, but especially those with allergies. The air quality in the room is much appreciated so guests with allergies or those sensitive to the air quality can enjoy a relaxing experience in their room.

My apologies that the view rom was unavailable. It is very rare that we can not accommodate a reservation made for a view room as we know how important they are to the travelers that book them. Being you wrote this letter directly to our General Manager I was able to locate the reservation. I do see your room rate was reduced, but apologize that the agent checking you in did not notify you of the rate change or the lack of view rooms available. The Director of Front Office Operations will follow up with the agent to make sure that does not happen again.

Please advise me when you will be returning so we can be sure that you are reserved a room with a view. We will work hard to exceed your expectations again on your next stay.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. We understand you had many hotel choices and are honored that you chose to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was our second stay at Double Tree, Crystal City. The first time we stayed we knew it was the kind of hotel we could trust for value and we were delighted to choose it when we had another trip to DC to make. This hotel is very clean and has very well appointed rooms. Their staff is absolutely A+. Everybody smiles and really cares about the guests. All the facilities are kept in emmaculet condition and the breakfast buffet is delicious. Our server, Asi deserves mention, she was wonderful. I know they were in the process of some renovations the last time we visited and the place looks even better than before. The beds are super comfy and the shower is very, very nice, 2 things I particularly care about aside from cleanliness. From staff to cleanliness to value, you can really trust this property and I highly reccomend it to you, without a doubt. It's great for just a visit to DC and has all capacity for much more. I hope we return.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for the review. We are so honored that we have become your choice hotel for your visits to the DC Metro area. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations so you want to return.

Our staff works hard to make each guest interaction a positive one and I am glad this has been your experience with them. Your comments will be shared with the team and are very much appreciated.

Axi is one of our best servers and receives so many positive comments from our guests. Your comments will not only be shared with her, but with the entire team so she can receive the recognition that you would like her to receive & that she deserves.

The feedback on the post renovated product has been all positive. Our guests really like the new wide open lobby and the renovated guest rooms are in high demand. Thank you again for the review and for the recommendation. We hope you return too! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed at this property about one week ago for the first and last time and had an awful experience. Very beautiful hotel but the front desk night shift team needs a bit of work. As I was checking in the gentlemen that was assisting me with my reservation was very rude, walked a way several times during my check in, never really wanted to answer any of my question about the hotel and treated me like I had did something wrong. I have stayed at many different hotels in DC. Sad to say but I will never return to this one!

Room Tip: High floor is a plus
Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark L
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for the review. I am very sorry that the check in process was so poor that it has caused you to make the decision not to return. Your comments will be shared with the Director of Front Office so she can follow up with her staff to remind them of the importance of proper guest service. I do hope you will contact me directly so I can get more details which will allow us not only to figure out which agent it was, but also allow me the opportunity to change your mind about returning.

I do recommend to all of our guests, that if something or someone has inconvenienced you during your stay to let us know while you are on property. We always have a manager on duty that is ready and willing to help make a negative experience into a positive one. While we will absolutely follow up on the comments received after check out, we would really welcome the opportunity to make a difference in a guests stay while they are still in the hotel.

Thank you again for the review and I once again apologize to you that we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Kevin B, Feldman

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed at this property for one week in June, 2012. This was a repeat stay.

As a Hilton HHonors Diamond VIP member, I was upgraded to a newly renovated two room suite in the south tower. Beggars can't be choosers but the room was on the 4th floor which was not as high as I would have liked.

I had a couple of minor hiccups during the stay. One night the HVAC seemed to have frozen up and would only blow mildly cold air. I also did not receive a fresh set of wash cloths. l brought both of these issues to the attention of the front desk when I headed out for work and both issues were remedied by the time I returned from work. I also had a follow-up voicemail on my in-room phone to make sure all was well.

The staff is very friendly although there were quite a lot of "trainees" at the front desk with only one "non-trainee" to help them. Additionally, a "trainee" was manning the Hilton HHonors check-in desk which I found a bit inappropriate.

My room rate included the hot breakfast buffet; however, at check-in I was only provided with continental breakfast vouchers. I returned to the front desk and those were replaced.

The comments on TripAdvisor allege that the hotel offers an "on demand shuttle" to nearby areas; however, when I asked the drivers to take me to a nearby restaurant, they advised that there was no on demand shuttle. The shuttles run on a set schedule to the Pentagon City Metro and Reagan Airport.

All in all, this was a "very good" stay and I will return. I hope the staff continues to refine their processes to help minimize the re-occurrence of these hiccups.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the DCA airport and/or the Pentagon.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you returning to stay with us! I am glad you were upgraded to a newly renovated suite and I hope next time we have one on a higher floor available for you.

My apologies for the challenges you experienced. The consecutive days/weeks with close to 100 degree days have most definitely taken their toll on the a/c units. I am sorry yours froze up, but I am glad it was resolved so the remainder of your stay was comfortable. Not having washcloths must have been frustrating and I am sorry that occurred. Obviously, that was an oversight by the housekeeper and should not have happened.

Typically a trainee stays with the person training them until he/she is ready to work with the guests in a satisfactory manner. I am sorry if this was not the case when you arrived. Without knowing the specific date I can not identify the reason (ie someone may have called off, got pulled into an unplanned meeting, etc), but this is not normally the case.

I have notified the Director of Front Office that you were told the shuttle would not take you to a restaurant and the shuttle only goes to the Metro/airport. The comments I made in earlier responses indicated the shuttle will take guests on request to 23rd street. This street offers a wide variety of restaurants of all different cuisines. This is the case and should have been offered to you and my apologies that it was not.

We really appreciate feedback like this from guests as we use the comments to improve what we do. Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to please contact me anytime.

Happy travels --

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The Doubletree is one of my favorite hotel chains. I like this Doubletree alot, mainly because of the staff. They are top notch. Everyone I encountered worked with the "aim to please" attitude which is not always easy to find in a hotel of this size and volume of customers.
The fitness center is wonderful. I didn't miss my gym at home. This facility has everything for a great workout. I recommend a visit to the hotel restaurant for drinks and for the view but not for the dinner. Pricey and not so great. The mall within walking distance on a pedestrian trail is a terrific plus. You never know when you'll need a new shirt or a comfortable pair of shoes while on the road. With 3 levels and a food court, the mall has it all.
My only real complaint: No food or coffee available before 6 am.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had such positive interactions with our staff. You are correct, our employees do aim to please and are empowered to do what is necessary to ensure each guest is happy with their hotel experience.

Being right next to the Pentagon, a top notch fitness center is a requirement for many of our guests. Not only do we meet this standard, but exceed it as this hotel has the largest fitness room of any single hotel in the area. I am sorry you did not enjoy the food in the Skydome Lounge, but agree each guest should make it a priority to go up there. While we would love for each guest to dine in the Skydome, even if you are not going to, please go up to experience the best view of Washington DC that you will find.

The Pentagon Fashion Centre Mall is one of the largest indoor malls in Northern Virginia. Not only is it a quick three block walk that only takes 7-10 minutes, a complimentary shuttle is offered for those that prefer a ride over walking. This is the same shuttle a guest would use to get to the Pentagon City Metro station and the shuttle runs every half hour.

We do have vending machines available for those with late night cravings or in need of an early morning snack/drink. Cafe Go and The Cafe both open at 6am. My apologies they were not opened early enough to meet your needs.

Thank you again for the review and choosing to return. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.