3,188 results
All reviewsdouble treenorth towerrevolving restaurantskydome restaurantcrystal citywarm cookieslobby barpentagon mallwhole foodsself parkingbreakfast buffetfree shuttlewashington dcmetro stationshuttle servicereagan airportfitness center
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The internet charge is per room but we had signed on tw devices. Prior to this, my sister called and spoke with a front desk representative who stated that we would just have to clarify with front desk staff regarding charges when we checked out and they would reduce it to 1 charge per day for internet. Of course, the receipt showed 2 internet charges per night and we brought it to the attention of the man working at the front desk and he was fairly argumentative and condescending (my sister remembered that she spoke with a female with the first name starting with "M" on the evening we checked in and he smiled and said "Do you know how many females we have who work here?" He also poinsted out that we had not been charged for a roll away bed that had been ordered and that we could be charged for this at anytime. He neglected to look at the second room we had reserved to see that we had already been charged for the bed as we expected, since we ordered the bed and knew what the charges would be. He said he would speak with his manager about the additional charges for internet access and ultimately, all of the charges were erased (which was greatly appreciated), however the employee's passive aggressive manner was not appreciated. It would be helpful if they had a more clear policy on internet charges, which are per room and not per device. Internet users beware!

Room Tip: Higher rooms, ask for view of Pentagon
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Running_Erin1078
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Thank you for the review. I am very sorry that you had a challenge in getting the second device's Internet charge adjusted off. That should not have been that case. Our Internet is run from an outside company and unfortunately, the only way to offer multiple devices for the price of one connection is to adjust the charges off at check out time, or after it is ordered through the system. There should not have been a challenge in having the charges removed as we do this frequently with guests that have multiple devices that need Internet service.

I also apologize for the tone and demeanor of the Guest Services Agent. That is unacceptable and the Director of Front Office will be following up with the agent to go over proper procedures to handle this request as well as how important it is to treat all guests with respect. I am sure this conversation was frustrating for you and I feel bad that this left you with a negative impression of our staff. I do hope people reading this review realize this is not typical of a guest interaction with a staff member.

Thank you again for the review. We take guest comments very seriously and use them to improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime. We hope you return soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. Overall I had a very pleasant stay, with few minor hickups.
The hotel has a good front desk and their staff were all nice and helpful...everyone in the hotel was actually.
My room was on 7th floor with amazing view of Pentagon and some of the iconic DC`s monuments. I had a double room, which in America actually means two beds, so I had two double beds in my room. the room was cleaned every day and new fresh towels were chanched daily too. The bed which I used was really comfy and had the most comfortable pillows I have ever experienced in hotels!
however, I was seriusly dissapointed to find no mini bar in the room!! nor there was a complimentary water. (the water from the tap tasted awful and didnt get cold enought). I really do hope that the managment will sort this out, I dont think it is acceptable for large hotel chains not to provide water/ drink in rooms.
We arrived straight from the international airport and were greeted by a warm cookie at the reception desk, which is a cute gesture, but I would have rather had a nice cold glass of water in my room.
I had a breakfast in the hotel every morning, apart from the last day. The food was ok on quality but the same food was served each morning! seriously, no change, no difference, just the same. I think the hotel managment should put a thinking hat on and perhaps introduce new breakfast options. I mean, for how long can someone eat sausage, crispy bacon, scrambeled eggs and potatoes (?). at $18/person i thought that wasnt good enough.
the swimining pool doesnt have a view of pentagon, as advertised, unless you stand up by the window, which isnt a full lenght by the way.
The cleaniness of the pool could do with an improvement. I went for a swim and found the water a little greasy and with some coloured fluff and dirt, which made me leave after only 3 strokes. Perhaps the system of entering pool could be improved and people coming in have to shower prior to going into water?
the best asset is undoubtebly the skydome! an amazing feature of the hotel. the food was nice, but little overprised.
I would return back here, as the hotel is greatly located, the free bus to the national airport and to metro is a great bonus too, but I really hope some further improvements will be done.
Also, it is worth mentioning, the room service was really long.
Overall, I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the review. I am so glad to read that you found the staff to be helpful & friendly. We work hard to make sure each guest interaction is a positive experience. Yes, the view from our view rooms is awesome. I see DC every day, but am still amazed everytime I see the views offered from the view rooms, Windows over Washington, or the Skydome lounge.
It is great that you really enjoyed the bed & pillows. They are really comfortable; in fact we hear this so much that Hilton Worldwide has a website to purchase the same kind of bed and pillows for your home.

To be honest, I feel like less & less hotels are offering mini bars in the room. I am sorry this disappointed you. I am unaware of any major hotel chain that offers bottle water to all of its guests daily. We do offer this to certain tiers of our rewards program; HHonors. If this was important to you, I wish you would have let us know while you were here. We would have happily given you a couple bottles of water. I strongly recommend to all guests to let us know of any disappointments while you are here rather than after you depart. We want to make sure our guests have an enjoyable hotel experience and will work hard to eliminate any disappointments, so we appreciate the opportunity to do so.

I am glad you dined in the restaurant each morning. While the items on the buffet do not change there are plenty of other items offered off the menu. It is funny, because when the items do change, we get complaints that an item a guest likes is not being offered on that day and if we do not change the items we get requests to do so. We really try to please as many guests as possible and we have found the majority of people prefer to know what is going to be offered on the buffet. We do add new items occassionally, but it does not change daily. Again, we invite you or any guest to order off the menu if something else is preferred. In all fairness, you only listed 4 items and said that is $18, but that is not the case. The buffet offers pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins/pastries, yogurt juices, coffee, & tea. Most guests feel the buffet offers a very nice selection.

The pool area absolutely has a view of the Pentagon. I do not think it is advertised that you can see the pentagon while swimming in the pool. The pool sits on the 14th floor and the pool area has windows on two sides with the Pentagon being directly out the window on one side. My apologies if you felt the view from the pool area was misleading. This is the first I have heard of the pool water appearing greasy & dirty. We do have a lifeguard on at all times who also cleans and maintains the pool. Again, this is the first I have heard of this, but I will pass it on to the company that employs the lifeguards.

I agree that the Skydome is fantastic. No other hotel has a revolving rooftop lounge, in fact the next closest one is found in New York. I really recommend to all of our guests to go up there. While we would love for everyone to dine up there, even if you go up just to take in the panoramic view, I highly recommend it. My apologies that your room service took a little long to be delivered. When placing your order an estimated time of arrival is given so there are no surprises. We try to get the food made & delivered as quickly as possible, but like with any hotel, the time varies based on the amount of orders already placed.

Thank you again for the detailed review and we hope you return soon. We are always looking to improve and use guest feedback to help us do that. Your comments will be shared with the team. As always, i invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

703-416-3826

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton Crystal City for two nights. We arrived at DCA and we boarded the shuttle. The shuttle driver was very disorganized and our wait on the shuttle was about 20 minutes before we left for the hotel. When we arrived the staff person at the front did not seem to want to listen to our complaint until after we told him again. The room was great, I have no complaints about that. The hotel does need to work on making sure there soda machines are functioning properly. I had to go to four different floors and none of the soda machines worked. I went to the front desk to get a refund from one of the soda machines that ate my money and the worker did not give me back the proper change. It was not a big deal but just added to the stress. The last complaint I have is that when we left to take the shuttle to the metro, there were about 7 of us who sat there and waited for a shuttle to arrive. We all had to go to the Pentagon City metro. The driver finally showed up and when he did we all were going to board but he was going to the airport not the Pentagon City metro. I asked him if he could take us to the Pentagon City metro on the way to the airport and he said no. He was going to take an empty shuttle to the airport until several people got upset and decided to just take the shuttle to the airport and get on the metro there. Overall I thought the rooms were great and for the most part the staff was nice, but my biggest dissapointment was the shuttle services.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank takenvacations

Thank you for the review. My apologies that your experience with the shuttle was a poor one. It is unusual for the shuttle driver to have that type of a delay as the drivers try to stick to the schedule that is posted. I can understand why it would be frustrating to have to wait for so long and even more frustrating that the desk agent did not acknowledge your complaint. Again, I am sorry that your stay got started off this way.

Thank you for the note on the soda machines. While the machines are owned by an outside vendor, I will forward your comment to the appropriate person so they can all be checked and in working order. I can understand why getting the wrong change from the desk agent would add to your frustrating experience. The Director of Front Office will be reviewing your comment with the drivers and agents. We take feedback very seriously and use it to help us improve so situations, like the ones you experienced, are not repeated.

The shuttle for the Metro runs every half hour while the shuttle to Reagan Airport runs every fifteen minutes (in peak times). Just as you did not like waiting 20 minutes at the airport, neither would other guests if the shuttle meant to pick them up was late due to going to the Metro. The empty shuttle going to the airport would be picking up crews or incoming guests, so it is important to go as scheduled. I am very sorry the shuttle experience was a disappointing one for you. This is not the norm and I hope people reading this review will read the many others that used & enjoyed the shuttle service.

Thank you again for the review and I hope you do return. Should you return, please contact me prior and I will be glad to send you a current shuttle schedule so there are no surprises. As always, I invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great value. Rooms were clean. The D.C. facing side has great views. The only negative were the renovations taking place in the common areas but I guess that's temporary. I plan on coming back on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose the D.C. facing side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joesjeep
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a positive hotel experience and agree; the view is awesome! There is no better view of Washington DC than from our view rooms in the North Tower as well as from the Skydome. I encourage all of our guests to go up to the Skydome to take in the view. Even if you do not eat there, I recommend making the trip up to look out.

I am glad to let you know that all renovations have been completed. As of right now, there are no temporary walls, noise, drills, or any of the other frustrating things that accompany a renovation. Our guests have given us positive reviews on the finished product and I am glad to read you will return next year so you can give us your thoughts.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel is very convenient to Washington DC by metro. Saves quite a bit of money and doesn't take long at all to reach the metro. The hotel is clean with very nice beds. Parking is pretty steep especially since they have all their own parking spaces right beside the hotel. Warm cookies at check in were very good. The free shuttle to the mall metro station runs every 30 minutes. Doesn't seem to have a set schedule but we never had to wait long. It also stops at the Embassy Suites. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for your review. I agree, the convenience of having the shuttle or the option to walk the 3 blocks (7-10 minutes) to the Metro is a big reason to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City vs a downtown DC property. Actually, it can be easier to get to many of the DC sites from here then from a downtown DC hotel. The shuttle to the Metro leaves the hotel at :00 & :30 of every hour from 7am - 10pm, picks up at the Embassy Suites (2 blocks away) then goes to the Metro station for drop offs/ pick ups.

I can understand why the parking charge may seem steep if you come from an area that does not routinely charge. However, the current parking charge is very comparable to the other Crystal City hotels and much cheaper then the DC hotels.

Thank you again for the review and I hope you return soon. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and as always, I invite anyone to contact me anytime.