Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 16 June 2012

A few summers ago, my family and I had to stay in a local hotel because we had lost power to our house and the hot temperatures were unbearable. SO under the gun, I was able to book a room at the last minute here and the staff were very helpful with all our needs. I would recommend this hotel based on the price and the location.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Good price for the location. Free airport shuttle. Fantastic quesadillas. Good bedding and pillows. Clean room, very good room service.

WiFi didn't work the entire visit, and I was there on business. Mentioned it, but they didn't fix. Lots of road noise, and I could hear everything my neighbors said even though they were not being particularly loud. $20 for parking. If you're going to park, unload first, there is no way to avoid a set of stairs coming from the gargage to the hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the road. It's loud at all hours.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located near the metro station so it is easy to access downtown. They also offer a free shuttle to the airport. The rooms are large and pleasant. There's a small outdoor pool which is open until 10pm. This was a nice facility in the hot weather, although it does over look the road and a carpark, so you do feel quite visible. Over all the hotel was pleasant, but quite generic. The food was ok, nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2012

If you need to connect to the internet I don't suggest staying here. I could BARELY connect to the internet. My phone had better connection via Sprint than the wifi via their wifi. I couldn't connect to my email with my laptop. It's a great hotel if you want a good night's sleep but I couldn't get any business done! I asked the front desk but they were no help what-so-ever though I went down 3 times. They suggested I use their business center and see how that goes.

I went to speedtest.com and got the following results:
Ping: 42 ms
DL speed: 0.42 Mbps
UL speed: 0.67 Mbps

If you need to get ANY work done, I don't recommend this location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife, I and another couple stayed three days during the Rolling Thunder (XXV) Ride for Freedom and Memorial Day Weekend. We came in with vechicle pulling a trailer with our motorcycles for the event. The staff was very help in our transition of down loading and uploading our bikes, they even assisted in providing a parking space for the trailer while our bike were unloaded. Everyone on the staff from the doorman, frontdesk, housekeeping and the Mangement, was great and more than helpful, it made our visit most enjoyable! If you need anything contact Danial Melake-Hiwot (Front Office) he will take care of you. I surely would come back again anytime.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor and it was very quite. However the 2nd floor was very convenient.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends