“Diner ambience, Fresh food”

Silver Diner Clarendon
Ranked #7 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The food is straightforward using healthy ingredients or traditional American diner food whichever you prefer from a huge menu. Veggie friendly and seasonal foods. The ambience is diner--old fashioned jukebox with sound quality from the 50s. Service is attentive. Prices are excellent.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We went to the Diner because they were providing $5 coupons at the Marine Corps Marathon expo. There was about a half hour wait but the move people in and out pretty quick. We all had milk shakes! I had the Nutella Banana shake and it was amazing. We had the basics, bacon, eggs, pancakes and home fries. Very good food, service and delightful atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

'Farm to Table' - that said to me 'fancy dishes', 'small portions', 'high prices'. Well, I was WRONG. There were some fancy touches but the portions certainly weren't small. My wife twice had the shrimp scampi and was not able to finish it. We were offered a doggy bag, but there was no microwave in our motel room so we had to pass on that. The dishes she had the other days were also excellent. I had the Rhode Island shrimp all 4 times. 10 extra large or jumbo shrimp. Excellent flavor.

The salad (a green salad, no dressing) was the best salad I have had anywhere, including at home where I have control over the ingredients.

Prices are decent, certainly lower than I expected. Service was fine. When we ate two days in a row, the waiter from the first night recognized us and welcomed us back.

As the title says, we ate there 4 times in 9 days.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The staff was wonderful, a good cup of coffee with a nostalgic feel of an old time diner. My husband loved the hash and I enjoyed my grits and sausage. Close to the Clarendon Metro and a good stop before heading into DC.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Since the Silver Diner revamped its menu to offer more healthy choices and locally-sourced supplies, we go to SD about once a month. What is not to like? Food is tasty (and healthy if we choose), value is outstanding, and service is prompt and courteous. There seems to be a genuine concern for the customers that filters down from chef Ype to all the employees.
Never disappointed except for short delays in getting seated occasionally at prime times.