“Great Breakfast”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The staff was wonderful, a good cup of coffee with a nostalgic feel of an old time diner. My husband loved the hash and I enjoyed my grits and sausage. Close to the Clarendon Metro and a good stop before heading into DC.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Since the Silver Diner revamped its menu to offer more healthy choices and locally-sourced supplies, we go to SD about once a month. What is not to like? Food is tasty (and healthy if we choose), value is outstanding, and service is prompt and courteous. There seems to be a genuine concern for the customers that filters down from chef Ype to all the employees.
Never disappointed except for short delays in getting seated occasionally at prime times.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Stopped by for a late lunch, and was not disappointed. Although it's a chain restaurant, you can count on tasty fresh food. We ordered the BlueChez burger ($12.99) and a BLT ($7.99), w/fries, both delicious. Service was excellent, friendly, and fast. Parking in rear. I've eaten in one of the Maryland restaurants, and found it to be good as well. Hope this helps with your first visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This is a great spot for farm to table eats.Good for vegans, and for those wanted a bit of meat.

The shakes, especially the chunky monkey is awesome.

The watermelon grilled shrimp salad is delicious, but watch the pomegranate seeds

My guests had steak and it was good. I had fish it was delicious.

Nice place. A little pricey, but not bad for good food.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have been to many Silver Diners around VA, DC, and MD and this one is on par with the others in the area, and is pretty consistent. We came here because we wanted to use the Labor Day $5 off $15 coupon. More on this later.

I'm not a huge fan of the Silver Diners because I think they use too many sweet sauces. Foods that should not be sweet (like shrimp or meatloaf) have this sweet flavor/glaze to them which makes everything taste sugary instead of savory.

My date got the Corned Beef Hash & Eggs which she enjoyed, and I got the Rhode Island Fried Shrimp which, of course, came with a sweet pepper relish sauce instead of cocktail sauce. But besides my personal tastes for the sauce, the shrimp wasn't that great. It was overcooked and tough to chew. I wouldn't recommend it.

Usually when I come to the Silver Diner I get breakfast food, and they do that right. Occasionally I venture out and try something new: Shrimp, meatloaf, flat iron steak, etc. I haven't been blown away by any of those for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Getting back to that coupon I mentioned in the beginning. Both my date and I had a $5 reward on our cards for awhile then we got the $5 off $15 for the Labor Day weekend only. We it was time to pay, we told our waitress we wanted to use the promo, so she took our cards and went to the register. When she came back I noticed on the receipt slip that the original $5 we had on there was gone but the promo, which expired the next day, was still on there. When we asked why she didn't use the promo one she said there was nothing she could do.