“Better Than Expected ”

Ranked #1 of 904 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This Martin Luther King Jr. Day we will be opening at 11:00 AM and serving brunch until 3:00 PM High energy, American bistro with seasonal outside dining and year round classic fare. A perennial brunch favorite.
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Met friends here for lunch and I was pleasantly surprised at the food and service. Our waitress was so good and we never had to ask her for refills. The food was great and for the price value was outstanding. We sat upstairs and had a great view. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

My family loves this restaurant. We enjoy celebrating special occasions here. I like their Perfect Margarita and we tried the white sangria, very good.

For dinner, we enjoyed the Mahi, Mahi which was on special; burgers; filet (cooked perfectly); crab cakes and jambalaya. All was very good as usual. Normally service is exceptionally, but we were in a corner and it was hard to get the one server's attention sometimes.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I tilted this toward 4 due to the service. Our group had an excellent filet mignon, good spicy jambalaya, okay chicken, and an overly-cooked and therefore dry swordfish that no amount of sauce could fix. The wine by the glass was an acceptable range of choices, and the key lime and apple pecan pie both excellent. Our service was very deferential and knowledgeable. We had a good time, unrushed for an evening meal even though crowds were pushing at the entrance. Maybe a little overpriced, so choose wisely!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Been a number of times over the years and my wife and I finally decided ‘why?’. The food was OK and for the money, was not a good value. The service was not good and to top it off. The best items in their dessert menu, the creme boulle and chocolate mousse, are no longer on the menu. There are better options if I want to spend $125 on dinner with my wife.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The Carlyle has remained a great restaurant for all its years in business. Great salads, burgers desserts. Can never go wrong at the Carlyle.