“Great Mediterranean food”
Review of Lebanese Taverna

Lebanese Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The original location, opened in 1979, is a cozy family style restaurant known throughout the area for its friendly atmosphere and delicious food. "Uncle Joe" is a fixture in the Westover neighborhood and can be counted on to make everyone feel comfortable and at home with his hospitality.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Great place for really authentic mid-eastern food.Having lived in the Arabian Gulf for many years,I can say that the food here is as good as any local fare served there.Service good.
Not a big amount of seating though and also the place not so big.
One downside is the size of the 4-seater table.If you are four then after the plates of food are served,there is hardly any space for water and drinks.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The shawarma was really good. I've been traveling to the middle east in my childhood and so far, among all Shawarmas I've had, this is the closest to the authentic.

Their servings are really large. The hummus was great. They served us a lot of fresh pita bread to go with it, which we enjoyed so much.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My daughters enjoyed their chicken wraps and the hummus was outstanding. My wife's and my salads were average. She had shawarma and I had kafta. My kafta was very dry and my wife's shawarma was grainy and had an unpleasant flavor.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

The hummus was quite good and I also had the best lamb kafta in a while.
The service excellent. The atmosphere is also very Lebanese.

Grace S, Owner at Lebanese Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Thank you for joining us and sharing your review!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

It's always a pleasure to dine at the Lebanese Taverna in Westover. The day we went, the service was a bit slow compared to the dozen or so other times I've been there. Perhaps someone was out for lunch service. We were not in a rush so we weren't overly concerned but it could have been problematic for others. We both had shwarma sandwiches which were fine. One of the reasons we like LT so much is the noise level is low and you can hear your table partner(s). There are a few parking places in the front, but I usually end up parking on the street.

Thank you for continuing to dine with us!