“Smoothe sailing expect for the plumbing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza

Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Rockville Centre, New York
“Smoothe sailing expect for the plumbing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Room was very clean, something you should expect from Hilton. Room service food was pretty good. There's a bar in the main lobby. Parking is inexpensive, but tight. Only problem, you hear toilets flushing above you. Bed is comfortable, 40 channels, cant order movies

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
COVINGTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Had a great stay at the Arlington Hilton Garden Inn. Stayed the weekend with my family taking my children to visit some of the sites, museums, and especially the zoo. We stayed at the Hilton in Arlington for three days. The front desk staff, (AJ) was very polite, friendly, and professional. Even though the hotel was undergoing some renovations this really did not interfere with our stay at all. The hotel was very clean, which is a huge deal to me and it was very quiet and comfortable. A short walk to the metro station as well. Also, you can walk down the street a couple of blocks for shopping and places to eat and there is a movie theatre accross the street.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CHRISTIE K
Lewisburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

My family and I just returned from this location after a weekend stay and I wanted to write a quick review. The site is currently undergoing renovation and it did cause a minor inconvenience or two. That being said, I knew it ahead of time based upon prior reviews. The staff (especially AJ) went above and beyond to make our experience a pleasant one. Our room was very clean and well kept. The beds were very comfortable. It's a very short walk to the Metro station and there is a farmers market across the street on Saturday morning. The neighborhood is quiet and safe. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EdT59251
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Staff was very friendly, rooms clean, beds comfortable. One of the cheaper parking fees of $12 a night. Near a metro station and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Location: Great. Proximity to the metro: Excellent. Options for dining in the area: Good. Quiet factor: Good after about 7 PM. This hotel itself is just OK. I don't know if I started out with a somewhat bad perception because of the construction that was taking place, but the staff when I arrived seemed very disorganized and distracted (who wouldn't be with construction and noise in the next room, but still). Check-in was smooth for the most part, and I was directed to my room which was again, just OK, didn't seem like the quality I'd found in other Hilton Garden Inns - TV was fine, the furniture and accents (lamps, etc) seemed worn and heavily used. The bathroom was OK, not the cleanest I've ever seen. I made two inquiries to the front desk that also helped to form my opinion of this property: 1) regarding wireless, I was having issues with logging on, so stopped by the front desk and the attendant simply directed me to the log-on procedure that popped up once I tried to connect. 2) I requested late check-out and was denied. I am an HHonors member (maybe that doesn't make any difference), but have been granted late check out at several other Hilton properties with no issue. I was NOT asking for a late check out time of 3 PM, mind you - only noon, so that I could travel downtown to my meeting and back and not have to check my luggage before 8 AM. Given that my room was on the floor being cleaned when I checked in, at 5:00 PM, I didn't think noon would be a problem. I will say that the staff in the morning was WAY more attentive and personable than the staff at arrival. The price of this hotel is right in line with a lot of hotels of better quality in the Arlington/Alexandria area for weekday rates - I payed well over $200 for a Sunday night. I had booked several other upcoming reservations with this hotel as I'm a new business traveler and was looking for a "home base" of sorts - and unfortunately this hotel won't be it - I've canceled all of my reservations and will be going elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMHGIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

i am sorry to hear of your recent experience. You are correct about our renovation but we are happy to report that all guest rooms have been completely renovated at this time and our work is 90% done with our public areas. We are awaiting some finishing touches but myself and the team are pleased to announce that any diruptions and disturbances are now behind us.

I do hope you have an opportunity to come back to see our finished product which will be one of the newest facilities in the market.

thank you once again for your time. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,