This is a GREAT hotel - because the metro station (and a mall) are connected. The only time i saw the outside of the hotel is when I went for a run - but between being at the hotel and going to DC, you don't leave. And the metro is easy - 15 minutes and you are in the heart of DC.
The room was very nice. We got conceirge level. If you can get it do so. If they offer it for a small fee (my Hilton in Baltimore did for $20), take it. Why? The "free" breakfast - is fruit (including blackberries, strawberries, melons, etc.), cereal (not and cold), danish, drinks, etc. At night, there are cookies and brownies/lemon bars. Oh, and they have free water - we grabbed 8 a day for 4 of us.
The pool was overcrowded but fine. A car - not needed. The Internet - free in the lobby but $12.95 in the room. Because I'm gold, it was free. Not sure if they have a business center.
The restaurant Mez - a bit slow on the service but the food very good - and ample meals (salads, sandwiches) $15 or less. I had a salad and it was delicious. I think I paid $6.95 for my kid's meals.
Honestly, this is a great place to launch a DC trip. All the hotels I looked at in DC were a block or two or three from the subway. This is like a block if you had to define it - but all indoors. I'd definitely recommend this place.
One last thing - I paid $125 a night - from Monday to Saturday. However, had I checked out Friday, the rate would have been $289...not sure why. So - what I'm saying is - they may have a "deal" for a Friday night stayover. $125 was AAA - $139 was without.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott