“Choose this one: affordable and good location”

Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed there 3 nights and feel completely satisfied. Room was upgraded, free breakfast, free internet, good location (using metro one can easily get to/from airport or to the city centre). Fitness centre was closed, but we were offered another gym in 5 minutes walk away. Drawbacks: the hotel is situated in a business district, so staying during weekends means to live in a deserted place. Another personal complaint: American hotels do not have tea. Feel really need of it, since I do not drink so much coffee.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge

Reviewed 9 January 2012

For the past four years my business has taken me to DC about one week every month. Being a Priority Club Member for Holiday Inn (which I think everyone should be) I had been jumping from Holiday Inn to Holiday Inn all throughout DC.

While they were all good, none of them was exceptional.

Then I happened upon the Rosslyn Key Bridge Holiday Inn in Arlington VA. and I thought I would give it a try.

I have been loyal to them for every DC trip for the past three years.

First of all the hotel is $100 per night cheaper than a DC hotel simply because it is in Virginia and does not have a DC address.

Secondly every room has a balcony (many have two balconies) and I love getting some fresh air in the room.

Parking is FREE to all guests which in itself can save a lot of money.

This Holiday Inn is directly across from DC....just over the Key Bridge and overlooks Georgetown University and Georgetown itself so it is very, very easy to slip into DC for my business.

It is one and a half blocks away from the Metro.

They give every Priority Club member a 20% coupon off of any meal either in the restaurant or for room service.

The restaurant is on the 17th floor, has a great free (for Priority Club members) buffet breakfast and is all windows with a panoramic view of DC.

Staff is superb and I know I have found more than a hotel, I have found my home away from home while in DC...

If you are heading to DC for business or pleasure I would certainly recomend this hotel...as I have done to many friends and associates.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room that faces the Potomac River since it is a better view and try to get a room a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank dsul
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We choose this hotel for it's free parking, indoor pool, and close proximity to the Metro. A bonus was free breakfast for Holiday Inn priority members. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds. We are a family of 5 but it was enough room for our short stay (3 nights). We were able to take the Metro into D.C. and one morning walked to Arlington National Cemetery easily. The restaurant on the 17th floor was ok ( a bit pricey for families). The staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IndianaFitz61
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We needed a hotel in the Arlington area for 2 nights during New Year's. We decided to take our chances and placed a bid for a 3 star hotel on Hotwire for $59. The Holiday Inn Rosslyn was the hotel awarded to us.

THE POSITIVES:

- The location is SUPERB. Our room was located on the north side of the building on a high deck, and had a wonderful view of Georgetown and the Potomac River.
- We are members of Holiday Inn's Priority Club, so we were given vouchers for free breakfast during our entire stay. Breakfast included your usual staples, like scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, fruit, as well as a selection of breads, juice and coffee. Breafast is served at the hotels restaurant on the 17th floor which has 360 degree panoramic views.
- Parking is FREE. This was a wonderful perk since it seems like other hotels in the same area charge their guests up to $20/night to park at their facilities.
- Rooms have balconies, which are a nice place to enjoy the wonderful view.
- Staff was friendly and accomodating. Even though they were busy since the hotel was full for the New Year holiday, the front desk quickly fulfilled our requests.

THE NEGATIVES:

- The hotel is in severe need of upgrades. There are several signs throughout the hotel "apologizing for the construction as they upgrade the hotel", but at least at the time of our stay, the only hint of construction were these signs. Nothing seemed to be upgraded yet.
- Carpets are worn and a bit musty throughout the hotel, wallpaper is peeling in several locations, Hallways have the feel of a low rent apartment building, Furniture is banged up. Rust and mildew are evident in the bathroom, more notably around the shower sliding glass doors. Decoration is early 90's with no upgrades since then.
- Temperature control: Even though our stay was in late December-early January, the outside temperature was unseasonably warm (upper 60's-low 70's). I believe that this hotel is one of those were the central heat is turned on for the season regardless of outside temperature since the entire bulding was warm. Our room felt like a sauna at times. I adjusted the temperature control on the wall to full cold with the fan running continuously, and all it did was blow hot air. We'd open the balcony doors to cool the room down a bit, but since it was warm outside, it still didn't do much to correct the issue. We thought that maybe our room was the only one with the problem, but we met other people in the elevator who were complaining about the same problem in their respective rooms.
- Some noise issues: If you stay at this hotel, request a room with NO connecting door. Our room had a connecting door and, being New Year's, we had neighbors who wanted to party late into the night (until almost 5am). We could hear their party as if they were in our room.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

Considering that we only paid $59/night for a hotel in Arlington during New Year's which included free parking and hot breakfast, we definitely got our money's worth! But if I had paid full price (other websites were listing this hotel for $129/night for the same date), I would've been VERY dissapointed. If you choose to stay at this hotel, do so knowing of its limitations (at least until the upgrades are completed).

If you're not bothered by the things I mentioned, rest assured that you'll be staying at a great location within walking distance (across the Key Bridge) of Georgetown.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the north side of the building on a higher floor to get the best views of Georgetown...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I had business in downtown DC, and needed a safe, inexpensive, convenient place to stay. This Holiday Inn fit the bill. Parking was included, and thanks to being a member of Priority Rewards (join-it's free), we received free breakfast and a view room. The hotel is next to a Metro station close to Starbucks, and across the bridge from Georgetown. The 17th floor dining room with the expansive view is a treat. By prepaying a week ahead on their website, I got a discounted rate. My room had been remodeled. Comparing to a previous review: 2) the elevator was fine.4) the bathroom was small, but there was an extra sink outside. The AC was quiet. The mattress and pillows were comfortable. Room did NOT have any smell.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business