“Awesome fajitas and Margaritas!”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 992 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2018

This Uncle Julio's at first glance seems much less upscale than the one in Fairfax that I have visited several times. It is much more casual and there are more families here. However, the food, drinks, and service did not disappoint. In fact, I'd say it's better than the one in Fairfax Commons. Our service was excellent - our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. Tableside guac was, as usual, great! We ordered specialty Margaritas which (can't remember what they were called but they were hot & spicy) and they were awesome! We had the Ahi tuna fajitas and the Filet Mignon fajitas - both were cooked to perfection. Tender and tasty! Portions are generous so we took home leftovers for another meal. I can't recommend this place enough and I can't wait to return.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed delicious watermelon margaritas with light, crisp chips and fresh salsa all made in house.
Super fun chocolate piñata with fruit inside!!
Tremendously delicious authentic food.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I’ve tried this place. I have to say for the second time the service is not good. Don’t go if you want timely accurate orders! They haven’t fixed this for years and do not seem to have any intent on doing so.

1  Thank Dadbo95
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We came here to celebrate Mothers Day with my wife and two of my adult children. It was busy, but the staff accommodated us at a high-top table. The carnitas tacos were delicious. My son ordered fajitas, which looked tasty. The portions were generous. My only complaint was about the margaritas. If I’m paying $12 for a cocktail, I want to feel the affects of the alcohol. The margaritas were overpriced servings of limeade.

1  Thank cvaccaro58
Reviewed 7 May 2018

A lot of friends told us about Uncle Julio. I guess our expectations were too high compared to what we experienced. Truth be told, We have had better Mexican food in other places. We have had it in Arizona and New Mexico. So, unfortunately for Uncle Julio, I can't put him in the top ten (or twenty). But it was okay. I wouldn't go out of my way, but if you're in the area and like Mexican, you can drop by.