“Grocery heaven”
Review of Whole Foods

Whole Foods
Ranked #103 of 861 Restaurants in Alexandria
Description: Welcome to your Alexandria, VA Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A typical WF in the Old town area. A small footprint, so feels busy and crowded, even when it is not.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

My first stop is always Wholefoods when we stay at a resort. This one was in walking distance. It had everything I needed and then some. The salad bar area was huge! A great selection of food, plus a fish fry section….fresh fried seafood! Wholefoods saved us money and we eat like we were at home. My husband is the chef not me. The added plus, it was across the street from two historical sites.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

The supermarket was located right next to the Residence Hotel that we were staying at. It has a lot of variety and one of the bigger supermarkets around the area. They have a section on cooked foods (ramen, pre-cooked stuff) and a wide selection of alcohol to fruits.

You can get stuck there for hours and hours.

Being a prime member helps, since you will get discounts on certain things. Enjoy!

I have traveled to 155 countries. If you want to read my blog, check out pinchetravels.com.

If you want me to review your place, please contact me directly via Tripadvisor message.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Haven't been in a WF for years. This was larger than expected and teeming with people, "buffet" lines, long cashier lines, etc. learned about the Amazon Prime discount on sale items while waiting in line from another customer. For me it'd b helpful to group their buffet stations differently, but guess most people get it. Their Orange or General Tsio's chicken was over cooked, carrots undercooked. The employees, they were friendly and efficient. I'd return for basics (fresh fruit, bottled drinks) during next trip but not the buffet food.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We needed a meal and groceries after 13 hours of travel. We couldn’t find everything we were looking for in the store so ended up at cvs for cereal for my picky daughter but went back to pick up the essentials. The store was smaller than our local store in Portland Maine and did not have burritos and had many less hot food options. We ended up getting a white pizza to take back to the hotel. It was good but not what we were planning on.