All reviews front desk dc area room was clean busy highway budget hotel metro station per night fridge and microwave old town few blocks free parking pet walmart redroof mile beltway target
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

I chose Red Roof because the pictures and the reviews were good and the price was reasonable. When I got to the room it had a horrific smell and when I looked in the bathroom it seemed to be stool left in the toilet. The management did change my room but the new room was no better but there was no smell. This is hotel is on a major highway so it was very hard walking to the room from the metro with 3 small kids. I would never stay at another category 2 hotel.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsBarron2u
Bikas S, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory stay with us. I will be working closely with my housekeeping so that improvement in this area is immediate.
We do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Red Roof Inns are generally very predictable--great value, modern accommodations, simple service. The Alexandria, VA Red Roof Inn is precisely in keeping with that trend. The rooms have been renovated, are clean, and are in keeping with the hotel chain's brand trend. Staff are adequate, the property is generally well-maintained, and the proximity to Old Town Alexandria and downtown DC is quite convenient. Come with "hotel" expectations and you'll be disappointed; come with "motel" expectations and you'll be impressed.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Washington DC - Alexandria - Red Roof Plus Red Roof.

Red Roof Inn - Washington DC - Alexandria - Red Roof Plus

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

The sign said all new rooms....not sure what they call new rooms. Friends had stayed and recommend it will never stay at another Red Roof Inn or Red Roof Inn plus. The A/C made the worst noise and couldn't sleep and didn't cool at all so we were hot all night. The rooms wasn't clean. The second room we paid for was a non smoking room also and smoke smell was terrible. I also have never seen a note left by the maids asking for tips.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Please accept our sincerest apologies for A/C issued. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future.
Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.

Very truly yours,

Reviewed 28 May 2016

I stayed here for a conference instead of at the National Harbor and saved about 200€ per night. It was well worth that price, and after orienting, it's very simple to get back to the convention center. Sarah at the front desk was extremely good about helping me navigate to the National Harbor and back. Her suggestion that I use Uber instead of a taxi like I did the first day saved me so much money. There is no breakfast, but there is good coffee in the morning.

The room was clean and neat. I had a super king, or what it is they call it. It had a useful fridge so I didn't have to eat take away each day. I love American take away food, but it is so rich. Come stay here! They have the things that will make your stay nice, and Sarah will make it pleasant!

Stayed: May 2016

We really do appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to complete the survey. I have shared your comments with Sarah and the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you very much.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Good comfortable stay in the premium room. Quiet. Polite front desk. Accessible by bus and metro. Small bathroom but clean. Safe in room for a small fee. Good pizza place down the road. Everything worked in the room. Prefer to have faced the rear side, not the highway side.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have shared your comments with the rest of our team. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.
We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Washington DC - Alexandria - Red Roof Plus