All reviewsold town alexandriaking streetboutique hotelsmall hotelcorner roommini barfavorite hotelthe entire staffvalet parkingstreet parkingroom was clean and comfortableshops and restaurantsdc areahappy hourfree trolleykimptonturndown
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Even though it is being renovated, it still was a wonderful quiet stay. I can't imagine how they could make the rooms any better, but I checked on an updated room and they have. The restaurant or bar were not available, but there are lots of places within walking distance on King Street for food and drinks and some in-room bottles can be found. We are always greeted with smiling faces here.
We came in at the beginning of the week when a huge storm was moving up the eastern coast, so it was a quick visit.
If I have a choice, we son't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: It is on a quiet street, so there are really no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Kate E, General Manager at Morrison House, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2016

Dear SantaFeDiva,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are tremendously excited to be able to share a wonderful new hotel with you when we reopen in April. Please do come back to visit, but without the snow!

Reviewed 21 January 2016

On-line reservations easy and no problem. Arrival and courteous welcome-check. Stored luggage and took to room when room was ready+called to let us know room was ready-check. After a wonderful lunch and enjoying the shops on King Street arrived back at the MH, cordial welcome again-check. Went to room, just as described on website-check. Received a surprised knock at the door with a complimentary birthday treat and bottle of spring water-check! Had a wonderful stay at the Morrison House-Kimpton Hotel-in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Very pleased, highly recommend, we will definitely stay there on our next trip to Alexandria. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Ask for room on 5th floor (that's the top floor) with a view.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Two thumbs up for a wonderful review - check! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do come back to visit again. We're waiting on that next check!

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

I usually prefer very contemporary styled hotels. I'm not a "chandelier" and "bed posts" guy but Morrison House actually pulls off "traditional " well.

The front entrance is a double sided staircase. It was extremely cold the night of my visit and the front door didn't close well. Front desk is small but staff is super friendly. After checking in, I was given my room key. And it was a REAL KEY! Not a key card. A true, locksmith created key. I went to my room and was initially surprised by the "colonial" style of the room. Chandeliers, bed posts, wall sconces and small chairs. But once I get settled in, the style seemed "right". They did a good job of including modern touches with keeping the traditional style. Flat screen TV, plugs by the bed and nice bathroom amenities blend perfectly with the traditional style.

The restaurant was closed for renovations during my stay but there's plenty of restaurants near by (I recommend Nando's).

It was a surprising visit that I really enjoyed. Morrison House is a great way to enjoy the style of classic Alexandria without sacrificing modern touches.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Dear ScooterRed71,

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed our mix of Old World meets New. I am sure that with that said, you will really enjoy our newly renovated guestrooms when we reopen in April.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

My husband and I and our daughter and her family stayed at Morrison House over New Years 2025-16. We were in a deluxe king room on the fourth floor. The room was spacious and the bathroom was adequate. The bed was comfortable. Our daughter's family was in a suite which included a king room and a queen room with a sitting room between. The hotel hosts a complimentary wine reception each evening. There are no coffee making facilities available in the rooms, but coffee is set up in the lounge in the mornings. The location is perfect!

Room Tip: This is a small hotel, so there can't be a bad room.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Dear 41grandma,

We're so glad we could host you and your family on New Years Eve. We look forward to welcoming you back for future celebrations, with coffee in your room if you wish!

Reviewed 13 January 2016

We were looking for a place to stay while celebrating the new year with nearby family members. We found the perfect place to stay for future visits as well. The Morrison House has it all - location in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, wonderful ambiance, comfortable and spacious room with every amenity, a welcoming staff that is as efficient as it is friendly, delicious food (we had breakfast only at the hotel on this trip). Our lodging helped to make this one of the best visits ever with our Virginia/Maryland family.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear JaneLopes,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to welcoming yu back on your next visit.