“Monaco Alexandria, VA”

The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was our first time in a Kimpton Hotel. We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was gracious, friendly and most accommodating. The Monaco is a great place to stay if you're visiting Alexandria area. We loved the wine hour in the afternoon, free coffee in the morning, and free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear B_BStone,

Thank you for trying us out, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay so much! Hopefully we will see you again the next time your travels bring you back down this way!

Have a great day,

Matt

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We absolutely love Kimpton hotels!! They are great all the way around. We love the "Yappy Hour". We have switched to trying to stay with them exclusively. I wish they were in more cities. They provide great service by happy employees in beautiful location - Alexandria is a great case in point. The location is good. The shopping is everywhere and very diverse. The room was spacious and the bathroom was huge with a walk-in shower and soaking tub!! Love it!

Room Tip: Try to achieve Inner Circle status lots of perks - better than any other hotel chain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Kimberly M,

We've got the 'Dog Friendly' thing down, don't we?! Thanks so much for your business, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Great luck as I found the Hoterl Monaco available and at a good price in between the spring break tourists and the Cherry Blossom tourists. Happened to have a good deal of business going in Arlington and Alexandria and a quick night at a Wizards game at the Verizon so the Hotel Monaco was quickly taken as a reservation.

Great stay, great experience and I'm starting to fall in love w/ Old Town Alexandria after being a Georgetown resident and insider visitor over many years. Came in late so realized I might not get one of the prime rooms but I had a back room which in the morn had a LOT of light and it was as quiet as could be (on the 5th floor). Front desk staff was great and gave me a few hints on my typical 5 or 6 questions as I checked in. I was driving so I left my car on the street parked as was late and simply moved it into a garage before 8am and the meter maids start up. I had read another Tripadvisor traveler report and I too found a garage right across the street (side) street that only cost me $14 for a day and a half vs. the valet at $25.

Room was perfectly clean, great plugs for computers on the desk, a small but really nice bathroom w/ solid french door , a super comfortable king size bed, a nice size flat screen TV and plenty of quiet.....

Enjoyed the free coffee both mornings, I managed to barely make it back from the King Street Metro (a 15 minute walk) one night in the light rain at 5:55pm.... right before the close of the wine and the waiter was SO nice to pour me 2 glasses before they closed up. After being on the metro at 3 different locastions, it was a little thing but it meant a lot to me.

Came back from the Verizon Center one night late and it only took me @ 12 minutes to get to the hotel so very commutable, but again, in an off hour. Shower was hot, lots of people to speak to at the one wine hour I made, had breakfast at their restaurant, Jackson 20, which was terririfc so again... the love affairs w/ the Kimpton Hotels continues. Ate at the bar at Landini Bros. on King Street, @ a 3 minute walk and it was also terrific so a really, really good business trip.

Room Tip: My 5th floor back room was really quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MysticKid
ManagerMattHurlburt, General Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear MysticKid,

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm not just saying that because it was so positive! We appreciate your business and hope that we will become your new home away from home when your travels bring you back down here to the D.C. area!

Take care,

Reviewed 15 April 2012

The Hotel Monaco was a wonderful experience. From the gracious and attentive staff to the inviting and lovely rooms, my family was beyond pleased with our experience. The rooms are lovely and well cared for... from the doorman to the front desk to the Jackson 20 rest.... perfect to the tee. My husband and 10 year old enjoyed our stay immensely and highly recommend this lovely boutique hotel to anyone visiting the DC area... just a quick 10 minute ride to the city and then back to the lovely town of Alexandria for a change of pace each day. Thank you Hotel Monaco for making our trip just the right getaway!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ManagerKateEllis, Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear jkwmarketing,

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your getaway in Old Town! Our staff loves hearing such great comments about the time our guests spend with us, it just makes our day! Please come back and see us again soon.

Best,
Kate
Hotel Monaco Alexandria

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Very nice experience. Big size rooms with nice marble bathrooms. Pleasant Doormen and Receptionist. Very friendly. Nice smell as you step in the lobby. One big defect.... The individual air conditioning are extremely noisy. They can wake you up as they automatically start. Why such a nice hotel does not fix this problem. The 3 eggs for 2 breakfast with fresh orange juice is very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Avoid the street side specially the low floors.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
ManagerKateEllis, Manager at The Alexandrian, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear My-Ooops,

Thanks for the great feedback. We did do an oops when this great weather caught us off guard. We are still ramping up our air conditioning units for summer usage. Promise they will be better next time you stay!

Best,