All reviews free parking movie theater across the street metro station old town yellow line indoor pool five minute walk road noise lifeguard on duty would stay here again worked great restaurants within walking distance dc area reagan airport exercise room room was clean and comfortable
Reviewed 24 December 2017

It was a nice property for the price. Front desk was friendly and nice and the room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and micro. It's convenient to the airport and restaurants and shops as well as the highway so you may hear road noise.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
GMCarlyleVA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hello Bernardo F,
Thanks for staying with us and for the feedback about your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Alexandria @ Carlyle. Like you've acknowledged, our team of hospitality professionals, trains and works very hard to deliver the expected level of service that our experienced travelers have come to expect. We look forward to your next visit to the Washington, DC/Alexandria, VA area.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I booked early via Holiday Inn website and received a fantastic rate with breakfast. I found the hotel location excellent and the room to be great value. I even received a nice surprise - totally unexpected - tray of food with some delicious items and beverage from Kendra and Eunice from the front desk. I thought this was really above and beyond the call of duty! Excellent - way to go Holiday Inn Carlyle.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank PearlJamDC

Hello PearlJamDC,
We are very pleased to learn that our Guest Services team members exceeded your expectations in service delivery during your most recent stay. As hospitality professionals, we work very hard to "wow" our guests and to make a positive difference in their hotel experience. Please stop by and see us whenever your travel plans brings you back to the area.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

It’s close to the Metro, the pool is AMAZING, the staff are very personable, in all a nice place to stay. The comp breakfast is basic, but yummy. It’s easy to get in and out, great movie theatre across the street, great food there too, all in walking distance.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
GMCarlyleVA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hi Janette C,
Thanks for staying with us and for your review summary. We are pleased to learn that overall, your stay was nice and amazing. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Location is ideal. Very close to the metro with restaurants within walking distance. Service can improve. First night I could order room breakfast in the morning. But second night the order slip was missing. I ordered by phone next morning and I was charged extra for coffee. If I had the order slip, the coffee would have been included. The checkout was OK.

Room Tip: Stay high floor and away from elevator
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GMCarlyleVA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hello Uday P
Thanks for your feedback. Our deepest apology for the food & beverage mishap in meeting your service expectations. Our Director will investigate and remedy any noted gap that lead to this error. We always take full responsibility for the level of service delivered by each of our team members and we are confident that we'll improve consistency as a result of your feedback. Hope you'll come back and see us when your travel plans brings you back to the area.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I booked this hotel because my group was meeting there. The rooms were very expensive for me (around $300/night including tax) even though I booked about 6 weeks in advance. Others in my group obtained them for less, even some that booked only 3 days before the event. I understand that rates are high in Washington, but I have never paid anything close to this rate, and I have also never stayed in such a low-standard property in such a forbidding office-park location. It would be OK as a 2-star property. Downsides: poky bathrooms, lacking even hair dryers; shabby rooms with stale smells, sporadic internet; cheap and mean amenities. Upsides: the staff was somewhat helpful in arranging late dining (pizza delivery) for our late arrival, and the catered food at our event was OK.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GMCarlyleVA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hello madsjw01
We appreciate your time and effort to compile this feedback about your recent stay. As is common in all cities across the country, rates are determined by business activity in the marketplace, quite similar to the systems used by airlines. We are sorry for the services that did not meet your expectations but rest assured that our entire team have heard your comments and are tasked to review any action steps necessary to make your next stay a better one. We trust that you'll give us another chance to restore your faith in us.