See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed for three nights and I can't complain about anything. The room was clean and comfortable. I didn't really deal with the staff except during check in, but the gentleman that checked us in was very nice. The price was excellent and it was conveniently located. I would definitely stay there again if I were in the area.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2015

Realizing you get what you pay for helps me rate this hotel at least two stars. The price for the location is fairly unbeatable. That being said, when I called to reserve the room I asked for a King non-smoking. Instead we were given a room with two double beds, and when I asked about a king bed the attendant acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and showed me a room with one double bed in it as an alternative. When I brought it up with the manager the next morning he informed me that we had been "upgraded" to a room with two beds instead of one, because two is always better than one, right?

Other little annoyances were that some of the light fixtures did not function, and since they have low wattage florescent bulbs in all the fixtures the light in the room was rather dim. However the parking lot lights are super bright, and the room darkening curtains are too scanty to keep them from shining brightly through the window at night, so be sure to bring an eye patch if you need darkness to sleep.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2015

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Alright, listen up; you want to go to D.C., you want to stay in the area, you don't want to pay the ridiculous prices of $300 to stay within the District, and you're pretty much going to get a hotel for the sole purpose of sleeping and showering and that's it. So you come to TripAdvisor, look for the cheapest option, and this Travelodge in lovely Alexandria, VA comes up. So, my opinion? BOOK IT!

Oh my god it was great. I was doing sight-seeing in DC, and wanted a place that was safe, cheap, and easy to get to. I took an Uber to the Travelodge at around midnight, and felt completely fine; Alexandria is antiquated and beautiful, so no danger felt at all, me being a 23-year-old girl traveling by myself.

So I get dropped off, and enter the creaky little room where the hotel manager has a little check-in area behind glass. The glass is completely unnecessary, so don't feel weary; the gentleman who checked me in was incredibly kind and nice. From the outside, the hotel looks like a bunch of apartments-turned-hotels, so when the check-in man told me to go up the stairs directly to his left to get to my room, I wondered what the hell was up there? More rooms, not to my surprise (lol). My room was a little ways down the hall, which had a bit of a creepy vibe to it, but all is safe because the check-in guy is still literally within earshot. So no worries.

The room itself is as basic as can be, though it still felt dirty (due to its age, not because it was physically dirty; PLEASE do not come to his hotel expecting 5-star cleanliness. That's not what you're paying for, so shut your mouth and expect a hotel within reason of what you paid!!). Shower was fine, TV is a little dated but got all the major channels, and the air conditioning was my best friend. But the best part? The bed was HEAVEN. Oh god. I don't think I've ever slept that soundly in a hotel before. I was really surprised. Didn't go in expecting heaven, but lord I have found it!!!!

Check out was equally easy; told the man at the front I was checking out, he checked me out, and I was a brisk, beautifully gorgeous few-block walk to the metro station that took me straight into DC again. It was great, worth more than I paid, and completely safe. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo