“Delicious”
Review of Sweet Fire Donna's

Sweet Fire Donna's
Ranked #41 of 817 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Here at Sweet Fire Donna's, we believe in the little things in life -- like smokin' hot BBQ and cool, crisp Craft Beer. Come on in and enjoy life the SFD way! Southern, Carolina-style barbecue with a full-service bar. Dine-in, carry out available with extensive catering program!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food, great atmosphere, good selection of food! What more could you want?
It was very busy; while I ate my dinner I watched a number of people come in and then leave as there were no tables and a long queue.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

After another place having a crazy wait, we came across this place and it turned out to be a delicious happenstance. I had pulled pork, greens, Mac n cheese and corn bread. So simple but one of the best meals I’ve had in years, so much that I’m writing about it. Even my picky child ate! And the cream soda was also on point. Yum!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

One of the best barbecue places in the Washington DC area, if not the best! Fantastic ribs and slaw. Great bar. A real neighborhood hangout.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I recently moved house and Sweet Fire Donna's is nearby. Being the lover of BBQ that I am, I had to try it. I ordered ribs, brisket and mac & cheese. The brisket was good, not the best I've had even the area, but certainly serviceable.. the same could be said of the mac & cheese. However, the ribs were the standout for me. I do not normally like ribs at restaurants in the northeast of the US, as they are often dry and tasteless. However, these ribs were well-seasoned, fatty enough to be tasty, but not quite fall-off-the-bone tender either, they were just perfect.

Also, they have various southern sodas on offer, such as Nehi (I had the peach flavor), Cheerwine, and others, which I'm sure will delight those who grew up in the southern US.

2  Thank Duane T
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I regularly walk by Sweet Fire Donna's and always see a good-sized crowd at this place. It's one of my go-to spots, and in 20+ meals here, I've never had a bad experience.

Why I like this place: the food is tasty, the menu straightforward, the prices fair, the service quick, and the place pretty clean. They have fun giveaways if you follow them on twitter (@SweetFireDonnas). And there's always a good mix of people dining here. It's a good atmosphere.

One thing I want to call out - the awesome people who run Sweet Fire Donna's. Personally, I always look for Holly. It seems everyone knows Holly! She regularly greets customers by name; she has an upbeat, friendly attitude, she's professional, and she never fails to put me in a good mood. Seeing the quality of the staff is another sign that you'll have a good experience here.

Kudos to the Sweet Fire Donna's staff.

2  Thank lisaDC123

Been to Sweet Fire Donna's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK