“Reopened ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Chef was ill but today November 1st it reopened. It is my favorite Chinese restaurant in Alexandria My favorite soup was good as in the past.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Two years ago I wrote a scathing review of what used to be one of my favorite local Chinese Restaurants and tonight was my first trip back. Glad to report that the major problems have been corrected. The restaurant has been painted and cleaned and the food is back to its normal quality. We paid with a credit card with no comments. Happy that I can now return to an old favorite on a regular basis,

Reviewed 1 June 2017

After living in Alexandria for three years we finally found an outstanding Chinese restaurant. The traditional standards we ordered were light and delicious. We were tempted to order other dishes but wanted a comparison of dishes we were most familiar with. Shrimp with lobster sauce and chicken chow mien. The restaurant itself is like a throw back to traditional places of years ago, really cool. Service was great. We look forward to going back and ordering the Peking Duck and other items that were tempting!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We've lived in the area for 15 years. The first time we entered the restaurant was about 13 years ago. We walked right out as the place smelled horrible.

We went back this past winter, figuring there has to be a reason why the restaurant is still here and why people visit it. The place still smells, the decor is greasy and worn-down. We too were given the "credit card talk" before being seated. I think they wanted us to pay the entire bill with cash. We said we didn't have cash on us and were just as happy stepping out and going elsewhere, if the payment was going to be a problem. They let us stay and pay with credit card.

The food was just food. Nothing special. Nothing savory. Nothing to re-order. ever. I had the Peking Duck. Meh. Greasy. The kids had forgettable entrees. We gave Peking Duck a shot and will never return, even if it is within walking distance to our house.

I really find it hard to believe that real people (especially people who are so close to other decent area restaurants, greater Old Town and Arlington restaurants, and spectacular DC restaurants) come to this restaurant and say they like the food.

1  Thank Viaggiamo5
Reviewed 11 March 2017

The duck is consistently the best I have had in the DC Metro area for years! I would strongly recommend this restaurant. Joe is very thoughful and professional eventough I believe that Joyce really runs the establishment - a great team cooking up delicious treats!