“Lovely Date Night Dinner”

Vermilion Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vermilion Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 877 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fayette St.
Transit: King St. Metro Station Using the King Street Trolley, get off at the Fayette St. Stop coming in either direction.
Description: Vermilion features Chef William Morris' menu of Contemporary American cuisine. Complimenting Chef Morris' menu is Vermilion's wine list, named one of the top wine lists in the country by Restaurant Hospitality Magazine. Combining a charming location in Old town Alexandria with stylized design and atmosphere, Vermilion represents a bit of downtown sophistication: from the exposed brick in the upstairs dining room to the overstuffed pillows in the lounge downstairs, Vermilion holds something for all tastes.
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I hadn't been to Vermilion in several years, but decided to give it a try for a special date night last weekend with my fiance that was long overdue. It did NOT disappoint!

It was restaurant week, but we decided the regular menu looked too good to pass up so we ordered from that instead. We had the steak tartar, the duck liver croquettes (SO yum!), the waiter recommended pasta (Stelle) of pork and duck and the Suckling Pig. All was delicious...very rich, but we were up for it.

Even my cocktail was amazing! The Moonshine Fizz...it was super refreshing with the egg white whip.

We sat upstairs right by the window and it was such a beautiful spot, the ambiance upstairs is very romantic and cozy - the lighting is so nice.

I loved that our waiter was so knowledgeable about all the dishes and made recommendations to use based on our likes and dislikes. He was great.

I will definitely be making a point to visit this restaurant more often as it's still reasonably priced for what I would consider "upscale" in Alexandria.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Went with friends for brunch for restaurant week and I was pleasantly surprized by the quality of the food. The detail and preparation of the food was stunning. The quality of the ingredients and the attention to every detail is not often seen in this country. The service was superior.

1  Thank Brellie
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

From reservation to send off, a great experience. Host staff very friendly and accommodating. Awesome bar area. Prompt, professional service. Great food and wine pairings. We have the tasting menu and was fantastic. A must go when in Alexandria. Very well done.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Came here with my friend abd husband on a Monday, which is pasta night. Waitress said wine, salad, and pasta for $20. I got an embarrassingly small portion of gnocchi (maybe 10 or 12) and scant glass of wine. My husband couldnt cut through his fish and had to send it back. While they comped my husband's dinner and were polite, it's just not a place I could recommend based on that 1 experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

The table we had reserved for dinner was waiting for us. We sat upstairs, looking out a window onto the street scene below. The wait staff was personable and prompt. Food was delicious, portions were correct. One of us had the tasting menu while the other ordered a la carte. Price of the meals and drinks were within reason - No complaints at all - would return and recommend it to others.