This hotel is a convenient and affordable place to stay while visiting Washington D.C. It is located close to Washington National Airport, and the Huntington Metro Station is only a mile away.
The hotel appears very clean and well maintained. The front desk staff was very welcoming when we checked in, and they gave us recommendations on how to best use the metro, sightseeing, etc ... This was all helpful and much appreciated. The rooms were quiet, and we heard very little outside noise the entire stay. The complimentary breakfast selection offered was typical for a Holiday Inn Express, and the serving / eating area was very clean and well stocked. There was not a charge for parking here; most other hotels in the area do charge a nightly fee.
My only issue would involve the safety of the area. I was only at the hotel for one night, so perhaps that is not long enough to evaluate the neighborhood. We walked three blocks after dark to eat at Five Guys Burger, which we did only because traffic in the area was very heavy at the time. I was walking with quite a few others, but had there been only 2 or 3 of us I don't think I would have felt safe doing this. When we returned from eating, two police cars were in the hotel parking lot with lights on and three people were in handcuffs. The police were searching two cars that were at the Holiday Inn. I know this is not the responsibility of the hotel, but I mentioned it only because it did impact my opinion of the neighborhood.
I would definitely stay here again if visiting D.C. as I have nothing but positive comments about the hotel itself and the employees. As is probably true in any big city, though, I would use caution if staying here solo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir