“Plenty of others to choose from.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Plenty of others to choose from.”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed with our family of 5 for 6 nights to tour D.C. area. I will start by saying we are reward members and came from another Hampton in Gettysburg that was fine. Came to check in at 6:45 p.m. on Sunday and greeted with a rude "I'll see if your room is ready." No hello or greeting. I asked what time check in was as I was surprised our room wouldn't be ready at almost 7 in the evening and was told "3:00" in a tone that was annoyed I asked. Room had just been completed. Asked for info on DC and surrounding area. "What do you mean D.C.?" was the response I got. Got to our room and while all was clean we noticed 2 towels. Went down to ask for more as we had a family of 5 and was told in a rude tone again. "We're out of towels. We were sold out last night. Won't have more til tomorrow." Again evening staff was annoyed at question. When we went to put our kids to bed had 4 pillows for 5 people. Went down to desk "we're out of pillows." Out of pillows, at a hotel? I will say the morning staff at the desk and breakfast area were very friendly (although tried to buy stamps....yep, out of stamps but at least they were polite.) Each day we came back to room it was 1/2 clean. One bed not made one day, had to ask for more toilet paper after returning one day from touring even though roll was left empty so told us no one had even checked what we were in need of or cleaned the bathroom all week. No wash clothes left. Had to go ask for those as well and given 2 for family of 5. 3 of 5 nights at the pool-out of towels. Be prepared for noise factor of rooms above, stomping easily heard. Pool hours are only 5pm-9pm each day. No morning hours. I understand why it would be closed during afternoon as this seems to be the case in surrounding areas. Bathroom by the pool "out of service" so trekked kids back to the room (with no towel as they were continuously out by the pool.) As a Hampton fan, not our best experience for service. Unfortunate since we were here 6 nights. I did tell a morning staff person about this and she was very kind and apologized but nothing improved. When I checked in I reminded the person checking me in that it should show we are Hilton rewards. 1/2 way thru the week double checked at the front desk this was done at check in-no. Many small things but all added up to a lot of annoyance. Continually made to feel like we were putting the evening/night staff and cleaning people out by staying here. Plus side-breakfast was great as usual for a Hampton and staff in that area were very attentive and friendly. We probably could have stayed a lot closer and not spent much more than we paid here and gotten more for our money. I'm rating cleanliness as poor based on how our room was left each day but overall grounds was average.

Room Tip: 4th floor so you don't hear the stomping above you. Floors must be thin here.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Ann O
Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, 23 September 2016
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.
Jeremy R. Conroy

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Port Canaveral, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The staff is the best. We stayed here for 5 nights visiting DC. Rooms are very clean. Stay here you won't be sorry. Close to all the tourist areas. Free shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Tmccrary98

Reviewed 20 January 2012

As a Hilton Honors Silver, I have stayed in many Hilton family properties and Hampton is one of my favorites. This particular property is about 15 miles from Washington, DC. It is located on Richmond Hwy or Rte 1 South. It is not located near a Metro but it is close to Mt Vernon, and a great stepping or stopping off point for travelers traversing this corridor.

This is a larger sprawling property with four floors. It was a hike to my room from the outside as there are only two smaller entrances other than the front door. The rooms are very clean and my basic room was spacious enough. It was half the price of similar properties in the DC area so it is a huge plus. Also, there is free parking and wi-fi which you can't get in the metro DC area.

The gym is one of the largest I have seen at a Hampton. The pool is decent sized too. There is always a nice hot breakfast. While not as. Nice as a four-star property, it is more than just three stars. Fantastic value. I would stay there again. There are restaurants in driving distance as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Tampann

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2012

just wanted the staff to know what a great place you have. we stayed for four nights and couldn't have been treated better anywhere else. the breakfast was different every morning and I enjoyed talking to the general manager at breakfast. he went out of his way to make sure you were being taken care of. would recommend this hotel anytime. we were there the week after christmas from florida and it was convenient to everything. will definently go back again. thanks again to the staff....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank alan m

Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed 16 January 2012

A great place to stay…clean and friendly. We only stayed one night to rest up before we embarked on our auto train trip the next day. For the price, it was a great deal. The lady at the desk was all alone and handling multitudes of unexpected check-ins but was composed, efficient and had a great sense of humor. Breakfast was nice for the kids right before we had to leave for our 2nd leg of our vacation travel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family