Stayed with our family of 5 for 6 nights to tour D.C. area. I will start by saying we are reward members and came from another Hampton in Gettysburg that was fine. Came to check in at 6:45 p.m. on Sunday and greeted with a rude "I'll see if your room is ready." No hello or greeting. I asked what time check in was as I was surprised our room wouldn't be ready at almost 7 in the evening and was told "3:00" in a tone that was annoyed I asked. Room had just been completed. Asked for info on DC and surrounding area. "What do you mean D.C.?" was the response I got. Got to our room and while all was clean we noticed 2 towels. Went down to ask for more as we had a family of 5 and was told in a rude tone again. "We're out of towels. We were sold out last night. Won't have more til tomorrow." Again evening staff was annoyed at question. When we went to put our kids to bed had 4 pillows for 5 people. Went down to desk "we're out of pillows." Out of pillows, at a hotel? I will say the morning staff at the desk and breakfast area were very friendly (although tried to buy stamps....yep, out of stamps but at least they were polite.) Each day we came back to room it was 1/2 clean. One bed not made one day, had to ask for more toilet paper after returning one day from touring even though roll was left empty so told us no one had even checked what we were in need of or cleaned the bathroom all week. No wash clothes left. Had to go ask for those as well and given 2 for family of 5. 3 of 5 nights at the pool-out of towels. Be prepared for noise factor of rooms above, stomping easily heard. Pool hours are only 5pm-9pm each day. No morning hours. I understand why it would be closed during afternoon as this seems to be the case in surrounding areas. Bathroom by the pool "out of service" so trekked kids back to the room (with no towel as they were continuously out by the pool.) As a Hampton fan, not our best experience for service. Unfortunate since we were here 6 nights. I did tell a morning staff person about this and she was very kind and apologized but nothing improved. When I checked in I reminded the person checking me in that it should show we are Hilton rewards. 1/2 way thru the week double checked at the front desk this was done at check in-no. Many small things but all added up to a lot of annoyance. Continually made to feel like we were putting the evening/night staff and cleaning people out by staying here. Plus side-breakfast was great as usual for a Hampton and staff in that area were very attentive and friendly. We probably could have stayed a lot closer and not spent much more than we paid here and gotten more for our money. I'm rating cleanliness as poor based on how our room was left each day but overall grounds was average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites(R) Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, the main gate of Fort Belvoir Military base, historic Old Town Alexandria, and downtown Washington, D.C.. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing supervised indoor pool (limited pool hours), 24-hour business center, meeting space, and a complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria