“Good traditional German ”

Old House Cosmopolitan
Ranked #87 of 877 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Description: Homey all-day eatery & bar featuring German dishes made with some locally-sourced and organic ingredients.
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Our family of 5 has mixed reviews from good to very good so really I would put it a little bit in between.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

This wonderful family own restaurant is the best kept secret for superior European cousine in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Very tasteful mix meat dish with combination of salad and grilled potato. Superior customer service and most pleasant atmosphere.A Home away from Home! Highly recommended! Cheers

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We went for the first time to this great German and Balkan Food restaurant. My wife had a finely made Wiener Schnitzel and I had an equally great Jaegers Schnitzel. We went on a busy Saturday evening and service was great. We also saw several groups who also seemed to have a great time. I highly recommend this fine restaurant.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I just got lunch in Old House Cosmopoliten, Alexandria, VA...It was AMAZING!!! Goulash is from Heaven, steak is the best I ever have ... German bears, Oh my God, and desert - domestic, fresh... This is really good restaurant... Recommended!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I have dined at the original restaurant in Alexandria off Jefferson Davis Highway for years. I have now made three visits to the new restaurant in Old Town Alexandria most recently last weekend. Quality of food is superb—i always have whatever I order with their salad as it is always fresh ingredients freshly combined with a great light dressing. And the deserts are special too—try the cakes but don’t miss the cosmopolitan cup which is warm raspberries, ice cream and whipped cream.