Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
US$ 272
US$ 204
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$ 199
  • Breakfast included
US$ 163
US$ 148
HIExpress.com
Towne Motel Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
Holiday Inn Alexandria at Carlyle(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 161
US$ 156
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
All reviewsold townfull kitchenfree shuttlemetro trackseisenhower metrowhole foodson site parkingbusiness districtking streettwo bedroom suiteunderground garagean extended stayfew blocksduke streetoatmealcomplimentary breakfastparking fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I recently stayed at this location and couldn't complain about anything. The location is easy walking distance from two metro stops. The staff offered on multiple times to shuttle me to the stops but the area was very nice so the walk was fine. I forgot to bring my cell phone charger and went to the front desk to ask for a nearby electronics store. They ended up looking around in the back and finding a charger for me to borrow during my stay. The breakfast and dinners were included during the week and had a good variety. The room was very clean and included a full fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and cook top. The coffee pot was actually full size and made several cups (something that is never seen in hotels anymore).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Dalltrav
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Hello Dalltrav!

Thank you very much for such a great review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle! I am extremely pleased that you found our location, complimentary shuttle, breakfast and evening dinner social to your liking. I'm also glad we were able to help you while you were without your phone charger!

Thank you again for taking the time to write, and I hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Free breakfast, kitchen in room to cook a quick meal as you always dont feel like eating at a restaurant. I always prefer to stay at residence inn whenever i am travelling to usa. Nice clean and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: February 2012
5  Thank SamJain
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Hello SamJain,
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I certainly appreciate your positive comments about our complimentary breakfast, in-room kitchens and the quality of our beds. I'm glad you found our hotel convenient to your needs, and I hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is a recently opened Residence Inn with modern rooms and facilities. The food can sometimes leave a bit to be desired but I just shop at nearby Whole Foods. Overall a good value, good location next to a metro station, and a shuttle that's always available.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of Alexandria. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank juanj325

Hi Juan J,
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found our location and complimentary shuttle to your liking. As we strive for continuous improvement, your feedback about our complimentary breakfast is also much appreciated.
I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

All I can say is that it is a rarity to find companies that deliver good solid customer service; however, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle has done it once again!

I was due to fly out of Baltimore the other day; however, due to the snow that was approaching Chicago, I was re-routed to fly out of D.C. the following day. So I called Residence Inn and asked for the general manager Mr. Fournier and he put a very nice spacious room aside for me at a very affordable rate. Keywords: nice, spacious, and affordable!

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Pam who handed me fresh baked cookies courtesy of Mr. Fournier and asked me what floor I would like my room to be on. Now, I am arriving later in the evening, tired and I am receiving red carpet treatment, why would I stay at any other hotel?! This hotel is WONDERFUL! The rooms are very spacious, clean and I check under beds and the rooms are spotless and the bed will make you fall asleep within five minutes so I refuse to look elsewhere.

The location is in a well-lite area, convenient to two Metro stops and Whole Foods is about four blocks away, it is a relief to a travelling single woman.

There are plenty of hotels in the area, but when you receive consistent, five star service, why look elsewhere?

Room Tip: I never had any problems with any of my rooms and I have stayed in various locations in the hotel. All of the rooms are spotless. One suggestion, when you first enter the room, turn on the ice maker in the freezer so it has time to gear up to make ice. Other than that, no problems. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank MsTravel27

MsTravel27,

Thank you again for another wonderful review. I certainly appreciate your business, and your loyalty to our property. I'm glad you had another great stay, and I hope to see you again when you're in the DC area!

Take care!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Clean comfortable rooms, with an excellent breakfast buffet. Close to the Metro and good restaurants. Nice fitness room, aerobic gear has individual TVs. Factor parking into your overall costs. We will come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank TLCJJB

TLCJJB,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, complimentary breakfast and our finess center. I'm also glad you found our location to your liking.
Thank you again, and I hope to see you soon when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area!