“A Fantastic Place to Stay”

Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Baltimore, Maryland
“A Fantastic Place to Stay”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have always had a great experience a this hotel. Modern and inviting. Rooms are spacious and great for individuals and families. The hotel staff is always attentive and friendly. You are greeted immediately upon entering the hotel lobby. This is an excellent location for visiting Washington, DC. There are two metro stations nearby, Eisenhower which is a short walk from the hotel, or King Street by hotel shuttle. Downtown DC attractions are 10 minutes away by metro. There are many restaurants and movie theaters within 2 minutes walking distance from this hotel. Great staff, great facilities, great location. Check it out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Reed123
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Hello Reed123!
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I am very pleased you found the quality of our rooms, our friendly and attentive staff, facilities and our location worthy of a five star review!
Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to the Alexandria area.

Jim
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I recently stayed at this location and couldn't complain about anything. The location is easy walking distance from two metro stops. The staff offered on multiple times to shuttle me to the stops but the area was very nice so the walk was fine. I forgot to bring my cell phone charger and went to the front desk to ask for a nearby electronics store. They ended up looking around in the back and finding a charger for me to borrow during my stay. The breakfast and dinners were included during the week and had a good variety. The room was very clean and included a full fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and cook top. The coffee pot was actually full size and made several cups (something that is never seen in hotels anymore).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Dalltrav
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Hello Dalltrav!

Thank you very much for such a great review of the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle! I am extremely pleased that you found our location, complimentary shuttle, breakfast and evening dinner social to your liking. I'm also glad we were able to help you while you were without your phone charger!

Thank you again for taking the time to write, and I hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Free breakfast, kitchen in room to cook a quick meal as you always dont feel like eating at a restaurant. I always prefer to stay at residence inn whenever i am travelling to usa. Nice clean and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank SamJain
ResidenceInnCarlyle, General Manager at Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Hello SamJain,
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. I certainly appreciate your positive comments about our complimentary breakfast, in-room kitchens and the quality of our beds. I'm glad you found our hotel convenient to your needs, and I hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you to the Alexandria area.
Boston
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is a recently opened Residence Inn with modern rooms and facilities. The food can sometimes leave a bit to be desired but I just shop at nearby Whole Foods. Overall a good value, good location next to a metro station, and a shuttle that's always available.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of Alexandria. :)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Juan J
Hi Juan J,
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle. Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I am glad to hear you found our location and complimentary shuttle to your liking. As we strive for continuous improvement, your feedback about our complimentary breakfast is also much appreciated.
I hope to see you again soon!
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

All I can say is that it is a rarity to find companies that deliver good solid customer service; however, Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle has done it once again!

I was due to fly out of Baltimore the other day; however, due to the snow that was approaching Chicago, I was re-routed to fly out of D.C. the following day. So I called Residence Inn and asked for the general manager Mr. Fournier and he put a very nice spacious room aside for me at a very affordable rate. Keywords: nice, spacious, and affordable!

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Pam who handed me fresh baked cookies courtesy of Mr. Fournier and asked me what floor I would like my room to be on. Now, I am arriving later in the evening, tired and I am receiving red carpet treatment, why would I stay at any other hotel?! This hotel is WONDERFUL! The rooms are very spacious, clean and I check under beds and the rooms are spotless and the bed will make you fall asleep within five minutes so I refuse to look elsewhere.

The location is in a well-lite area, convenient to two Metro stops and Whole Foods is about four blocks away, it is a relief to a travelling single woman.

There are plenty of hotels in the area, but when you receive consistent, five star service, why look elsewhere?

Room Tip: I never had any problems with any of my rooms and I have stayed in various locations in the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank MsTravel27
MsTravel27,

Thank you again for another wonderful review. I certainly appreciate your business, and your loyalty to our property. I'm glad you had another great stay, and I hope to see you again when you're in the DC area!

Take care!