“Very friendly staff and locals!”
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 861 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The oysters are so lovely here. I recommend ordering one of each from their chalkboard display and deciding from there. I noticed the ones that are more local fromVirginia were slightly less robust and more flat in flavor - not as buttery and rich as the ones from MA or WA. However, the ones from VA did have wonderful texture. That being said, they are all worth trying out.

Since I was traveling solo, I sat at the bar and was not dissapointed at doing so. The staff were very friendly and attentive, and I met a friendly couple who were eager to talk and kept me company for dinner. The crabcakes were superb and I was very satisfied with my meal. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, I even had a fleeting thought of how nice it would be to move into this town! Anyway, for locals and travelers alike....this place deserves 5 stars.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Once I got my food, it was quite good. I recommend the lobster roll! But, the service was slow to even recognize I was sitting there. I complained and they made it better. Perhaps it was just very crowded. It's very busy with tourists.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We decided to try Hank's from reviews on Tripadvisor.
It was very busy ,we didn't have reservations but we got a table very quickly. The hostess/host were friendly and accommodating.
We ordered Fried Oysters appetizer as this was my first time trying oysters!
Had the Crab Cakes for dinner and hubby had Lobster Roll. Seafood was very good.
Service was ok - nothing special.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Recently went for lunch. The food was good and the service was attentive. The place was a bit noisy since the hostess “stacked” almost all of the customers in the back of restaurant, while the front half was empty. As is typical at Hank’s the bill was quite high for a relatively modest meal.

Hank’s is a good restaurant, but it’s always extremely expensive. Go with rich relatives who will pick up the tab.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

What a great meal! Casual place shorts are fine but 5e food is not. Tremendous crab tamale is enough for a meal although positioned as a starter. I opted for the lamb chops special and it was awesome. As a side highly recommend the duck fat roasted potatoes and string beans. Great spot in Old town!