My family (two adults and two kids (19/11)) was visiting Houston, but wanted to jet over to Austin for a quick getaway and chose The Driskill based on its summer 20% discount, reviews on TripAdvisor, and the fact that we like to "go local" whenever possible (food or hotels).
We couldn't have been happier.
- Great valet parking
- Great, historic, and grand lobby to welcome you
- Great staff at the front desk
- Great location (able to hit a 6th street pub once kids to bed and able to jog along the water in the morning)
- Someone in the hotel may or may not have expanded the age window for the Buckaroo/Sheriff club, which made my wife and daughters very happy (and kept the hotel very safe)
- Great Illy coffee in the downstairs cafe enabling me to bring lattes to my wife/daughter post-morning run
- The door handle to our bathroom broke during our visit. Sometimes this happens in older hotels.
If we ever go back to Austin, I can't imagine staying anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Driskill Hotel. Built in 1886 as the showplace of a cattle baron, The Driskill remains a landmark of legendary Texas hospitality. Located on Sixth Street in the heart of downtown Austin, the luxurious, historic hotel is convenient to all that the city has to offer, including the Texas State Capitol, convention center, opera, symphony, fine dining, shopping, and Austin's 6th Street music scene. Known as the "Live Music Capital of the World,®" Austin is home to nearly 200 music venues, many within walking distance of The Driskill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Driskill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Austin