“WORST PLACE TO STAY IN AUSTIN”

Rodeway Inn University / Downtown
Ranked #174 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 21 April 2015

I stayed in this hotel in Feb, I would not recommend anybody. You can get a better hotel at the same price.The rooms were dirty even after changing two rooms we felt that it is of no use. The owner of the hotel is an extremely rude and impudent person.He used to calculate no of muffins people take and ask people not to take more during breakfast, this sound really crazy but its true. This hotel is not advised for family as whole night people were screaming and shouting, even after complaining the hotel staff din't help. I vacated the hotel in the very next day though i have booked it for 3 night.

Room Tip: Hotel Days Inn is 200 mtrs away from this hotel, people can get better stay at the same price.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Hemen D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

First I arrived at midnight and thr receptionist was nice. We got our room and the door wouldn't. Missplaced bolt...they changed rooms. Then in te new one the air extractor's vent was half off the ceiling. The Remote didn'work and when they came to check it a "new box" they had recently installed in very old very big analogue televisions didn't receive a proper signal. So very bad TV. And to place a cherry on the cake the day recpectionist was upset and rude becasue I spoke to her in spanish. I don't understand why. Will NEVER EVER com back to thia hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Lore E
Reviewed 2 April 2015

This hotel is on the lower end of the spectrum - not a place you would take your wife or girlfriend. It is a bare bones, low budget accommodation -- no frills, just a room with basic amenities (bed, tv, restroom, etc.) it is fine if you just need a place to sleep at a reasonable price; if you are looking for a high-toned hotel, this is not for you. I'm not saying it was dirty or unsafe, just a basic room with basic amenities. It is right on Interstate 35, so it's easy to hop on the highway and get where you need to go. And the room prices will not break your budget.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room farther away from the Interstate to lessen road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dale H
Reviewed 1 April 2015

I had a reservation months in advance. I was called the week of arrival and told they would not honor It, but I could have a room for $50 more--take it or leave it. When I arrived there after a 14 hr drive, I gave them my original reservation. I was again told it would not be honored. When I told the manager he was being unprofessional and using poor business practices but that I needed a room, he took my paperwork and went to a back room 15 minutes later he returned and angrily told me he did not have a room for me anymore. He also refused to give me back my reservation as he had trashed it. At the same time, he removed all business cards from the desk and refused to give me his name. Two other desk personnel refused to even speak to me. I am filing complaints with both Choice Hotels and the BBB. Stay far away from this place

Room Tip: Never consider this place
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peg F
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I made a reservation in this hotel for 5 nights, but did my check out after staying the first one, it was awful , smells so bad, needs a lot o maintenance, very old, noisy because is very close to the highway. Don't stay there.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business