See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 April 2015

I had a reservation months in advance. I was called the week of arrival and told they would not honor It, but I could have a room for $50 more--take it or leave it. When I arrived there after a 14 hr drive, I gave them my original reservation. I was again told it would not be honored. When I told the manager he was being unprofessional and using poor business practices but that I needed a room, he took my paperwork and went to a back room 15 minutes later he returned and angrily told me he did not have a room for me anymore. He also refused to give me back my reservation as he had trashed it. At the same time, he removed all business cards from the desk and refused to give me his name. Two other desk personnel refused to even speak to me. I am filing complaints with both Choice Hotels and the BBB. Stay far away from this place

Room Tip: Never consider this place
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peg F
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I made a reservation in this hotel for 5 nights, but did my check out after staying the first one, it was awful , smells so bad, needs a lot o maintenance, very old, noisy because is very close to the highway. Don't stay there.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank luisgmolina
Reviewed 26 December 2014

Owner or manager double parks her luxury sports cars and thereby hogs parking on the crowded upper lot. She came off as very condescending during my conversations with her during check in.

Location is good if you want to walk around the city. The Ethiopian restraunt next door is tasty.

The room was ok, but I would have liked newer sheets on the beds. The bed and the bathroom were clean.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2014

I have stayed here multiple times and will again in the future! I was a nursing student and needed to be close to St. David's Hospital (which is right next store, you could walk there!). It looks like a small, older, Mom and Pop Motel but, it will suit your needs nicely! It has a small parking lot and sits right next to I-35. I felt very safe every time I stayed there and that's important when I travel alone, I'm a scaredy-cat country girl. It is super clean, the shower and tub shine more than mine do at home! The carpet is updated, I can't stand hotels that make your socks dirty!

Every room I had came with a 4-cup coffee pot, a microwave and refrigerator. All of those came in handy for the long hours of studying. They had a work table, alarm clock and nice TV, those came in handy for late night hours of writing papers AND taking breaks!

No, the mattresses are not a new Serta Pillow Top, if that's what you need, it's not here. The pillows are nice and fluffy and the linens on the new side, all pluses for me! I'm not used to all the traffic noise but I put the AC on continuous fan and that drowned it out. The AC will freeze you out of there, I like it cold but at 60, it was chilly!

So, not sure if you want to plan a week and bring the family or, your just need what I needed within my price range but, it works for me and I'll be back. The location is perfect for downtown or anything to do with St David's, You're mid-town and can go North or South really easily.

Check it out, it's not the Marriot but if you want clean, safe and affordable this is it!

Room Tip: Only two stories with about 10 or 12 rooms on each floor. The rooms all seemed similar, no top pick....YET!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2014

This hotel is literally on the access road therefore, very noisy. There is no adequate parking and once parked, you could barely back out. They said they were pet friendly so I paid a pet deposit and an extra $10 per night however, there was absolutely no place to take the dog out. I had to walk around the building to the back side (next to an Ethiopian Restaurant with shady looking people standing outside) to find grass for the dog. You could not get to the back due to fences with locks on them blocking the back. The bathroom had mildew along the tub and every corner in the bathroom was full of dust. I was in town looking for a permanent place to live and this didn't give me a great feeling however, I did pay low $$$ so I guess I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Do not choose anything on level 1. That is below ground level and very nasty down there.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple