“Pretty gross for the $$”

Rodeway Inn University / Downtown
Ranked #175 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pretty gross for the $$”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

It was just a place to lay our heads for the night and we didn't really stay in the room but from the initial looks of the place we had our doubts. Our friends bed had a used tissue in it and when we requested new linens the room they were stored in was outside and dirty as all HE**!!! I would pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer next time. Didn't see any roaches but wasn't doubting they were there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

First I had an issue with checking in, my parents (who were not with me but were paying) had to fax over their credit card information and drivers license which was a pain. Who still faxes things when there is email? Next they did not have service enough to bring me toothpaste but rather they made me go to the front desk and get it. When I asked them for a trash bag they told me they would bring it up. 30 minutes later I walked down and got it myself because they didn't bring it up. Their iron ripped a brand new dress shirt and when I asked for a new iron, it once again took me walking down two times, once to request it and when they didn't bring it up once again to remind them. Overall a very poor hotel with poor service. I would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HotelReview31
Warner Robins, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

Conveniently locate to DKR but not worth the accomidations. Reserved with travelforecaster.com they charged 20.00 but reserved the incorrect month. So of course the price for the room was double...120.00 a night due to game weekend. If it wasn't for the fact that we were tailgating and didn't stay in our room at all I would have declined to stay there. A bit smelly, bathroom light/fan sounded like it was taking off, toilet loud, pillows yuck.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
SA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

Checked in for AI audtions because it was walking distance from Frank ErwIn Center. HUGE MISTAKE! HUGE! Crickets everywhere, hair on bed, roaches everywhere. Staff was rude and lied. They stole money that was in room , when I went back for it they said they did not have it Their storys were conflicting.....Manager/Owner was the worst ever! His wife/partner is 2nd in line ! Lies Lie! Lies! They took what was not theirs. Placed police report. DO NOT STAY AT THIS FILTHY GOD AWFUL PLACE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT! They are scum on scum!

• Stayed August 2010
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

We placed spending money in the microwave, and went out to go get breakfast. When we returned the money was gone and when we notified the staff, they all gave us different stories about what probably happened to it and blamed it on us! We checked out immediately and called the police.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family