All reviews yogurt front desk clerk downtown soco convenience highway
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

First, I don’t normally write reviews about hotel managers. However, last night, we were professionally greeted and accommodated by their “Jack of all trades” manager Josh Hernandez who met all of our school group’s needs. He was extremely professional, courteous, efficient, and cared deeply about our school’s safety. I would be glad to book again with Josh in charge. He definitely made our school trip experience a pleasant one.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
LQ0522GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Mario,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that Josh was able to provide your group with the true La Quinta experience! We will definitely share your comments with him! We look forward to working with your school again in the future!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ0522GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018

After making La Quinta our go to hotel because of their pet friendly policies and many positive experiences at other franchises, we were very disappointed with our experience at this one. We chose it to save the costs of a downtown hotel while at a convention and it is a convenient short drive to and from the downtown area. The location is right off the highway (and there is traffic noise). The neighborhood is a bit iffy though the grounds are gated. (There is a good local Mexican Restaurant near the hotel.) Securing a room was delayed and despite leaving my number for an alert when the room was ready, I still had to check back in person.The room was clean (they do have a good housekeeping crew) but no mini-fridge or microwave like other facilities. The breakfast was mainly cold items not a full hot breakfast (I guess that is because it is an Inn and not a Suites.) One big concern was that the hotel does not police the facility. The pool area was used well into the late evening and crowded rooms often had late night noise. Calls went unaddressed up until 2:00 am. Overall just a disappointing experience based on what we had experienced at other La Quintas. (When I was contacted by the hotel, the manager did listen to my concerns and seemed willing to discuss them with the staff.)

Room Tip: Pool noise can go late ito the evening if you are facing he central courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
LQ0522GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your review of La Quinta Austin - Oltorf. We are sorry to hear that you experienced these issues your recent stay with us. We have addressed the staff regarding noise complaints, the pool hours, as well as being available by phone for our guests. We do have room types available with the microwave/fridge combo, however they do not come in our standard kings and standard doubles. We hope that with these changes that you will give us another try in the future!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

How do you sell a room that was reserved? I showed your front desk agent and even then she said she couldn’t do anything about it. Booking called you also and still then nothing could be done. It’s been since last Friday and I’m still waiting on your manager to call because every time I call he isn’t available.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank wnesha94
LQ0522GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent experience. My apoloiges that there were issues with your reservation however this is the first I am hearing of a reservation we were unable to honor. I would love the opportunity to speak further with you regarding your reservation if you could kindly call the hotel. Again, I appricaite the feedback as we can not make necessary corrections if we are not made aware. I look forward to speaking with you further.
Regards,
Susanne- GM
512.447.6661

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We got a king suite so that we could get a couch that converted to a bed for our grand kids. The room we were given was huge. it was large enough to accommodate a roll-a-way in the "living room" area. There was also a table and chairs and a small kitchen type of area. Refrigerator, micro wave and cabinets top and bottom. Had we needed to stay for a period of time instead of a night, this would have been okay. There was a TV in both rooms.

There was a pool that the kids enjoyed.

The down side had to do with a musty smell that I think came from condensation forming under the carpet because the office air condition was directly below our room. Also, when we opened up the couch, the old sheets were still there. I asked for new ones and changed the bed.

The price was right. We had a comfortable night.
The breakfast included cereal, waffles, juice.

Stayed: July 2018
LQ0522GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear Dee, We are happy to hear that your family had a great stay with us! Staying in hotels are always an adventure to kids and we hope that we were able to make the stay memorable for them. We do apologize about the issues with the pull out sofa that you experienced. We will be working with our staff to correct this issue so that it doesn't happen in the future. We hope that your family will come back to visit next time you are in town!