All reviewsbar kitchenbalcony suitemalin goetz toiletriesnespresso machinedomain areawrap around balconyturn down servicegreat hotelhigh end shoppingsoaking tubboutique hotelevery eveningroom servicerestaurants and barsgirls weekendbusiness meetingloved this hotel
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I was in Austin to tour the University of Texas with my 16 year old daughter. I carefully researched ALL the hotels in Austin and decided on this one - best choice ever! It was perfect for the both of us. Lots of great shopping and restaurants around and I felt comfortable letting my daughter go out on her own. The whole Domain area felt very safe and I saw lots of police and security when out in the area. She loved that Starbucks and Sprinkles are right across the street. I would go for some short 3 mile runs in the morning and I loved the whole area! The hotel staff was wonderful!! Parking is free in the Nordstrom parking lot and it's right across the street. They also have valet parking that I didn't use but I did park in front of hotel to check in, and the valet staff was very nice and helpful and didn't make me feel uncomfortable about not using valet. The bar at the pool was on a deck and it was lovely to sit and have a glass of wine and hang out in the late evening and relax. Housekeeping was great. I love the caramels that they leave in the room (thank you!). Front desk staff from check in to check out were top notch and I appreciate being treated so kindly. One day it poured with rain - of course I didn't have an umbrella and set out to purchase one - when I got to the lobby they had tons of umbrellas that they were handing out to guests - all on the honor system! I will definitely stay here again! Actually, I might just have to make a trip to Austin soon so that I can stay in this amazing wonderful perfect hotel! Well worth every penny! You all deserve to be at the top of the list of the very best hotels! Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
GM_Archer_Austin, General Manager at Archer Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thank you, mas620. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with Archer, especially our Texas chic design elements, sincere service and energetic location. Guests like you are a joy to host and we hope you will join us for another adventure in Austin soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Lovely stay at Archer Hotel. The staff always friendly, the hotel clean and refined casual chic décor with beautiful lighting throughout. The food at Second Bar and Kitchen, tasty and uniquely served. Drinks with a flair. The shopping around Archer Hotel a plus - cute boutiques with landmark stores and upscale luxury shops surrounding. And the building design upscale and modern. Always a treat to stay here.

Room Tip: It would nice to have an option for a rollaway bed in some of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, gwendtx. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with Archer, especially our Texas chic design elements, sincere service and energetic location. Guests like you are a joy to host and we hope you will join us for another adventure in Austin soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Nice big room. Two light fixtures didn't work. Quiet A/C. Construction outside hotel at 3:30 am...On the hotel. Not a nearby site. Outstanding restaurant. My room was not made up at 7:00 pm one day. Incredibly nice restaurant staff. So there you have it!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ccrosby60

Thank you, Ccrosby60. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with Archer. You make some excellent suggestions for improvement which we will take into serious consideration as it comes time for updates within the hotel. We hope you will join us for another Austin adventure soon.

Pedro - GM

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My team and I stayed here for business recently - we’ve previously stayed at the Westin or Aloft and I have to say, this hotel is fantastic.

The rooms are sizable and the beds are incredibly comfortable. The showers are walk in and very spacious, with lovely Malin + Goetz toiletries. Comfort is definitely at the forefront of their minds at the Archer. Every evening they’d leave treats in your room (a lovely touch that I couldn’t avail of as most of their treats contained nuts and I have an allergy; I appreciated the thought though).

They have a lovely poolside patio bar (on the 2nd floor) which is really nice to take in the night air. My colleagues and I, visiting from Ireland, fell in love with the bar man Gabriel - an affable character who embodied the spirit of Southen hospitality - he is a credit to their customer service team.

We took part in a scavenger hunt as a team building activity when we were visiting and the Reception team helpfully gave us maps to get a competitive advantage. I have to say that every single person working the Front desk had a sterling attitude towards customer services. A smile and a friendly hello makes a big difference for a weary traveler.

I’d highl6 recommend the Archer.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank chatelaine76

Thank you, chatelaine76. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with Archer, especially our Texas chic design elements, sincere service and energetic location. Guests like you are a joy to host and we hope you will join us for another adventure in Austin soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I am in love with this hotel. Located in the Domain, it has become my go-to for staying in Austin. Just. WOW. So beautiful and SO comfortable with unique and interesting Texas inspired decor. Our room was beautifully decorated, had one of the most comfortable hotel beds ever encountered, and was full of surprising extras (homemade caramels??? Yes, PLEASE!), and everything a traveler for business or holiday would need. Just perfect elegance.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you, RM_Stafford. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with Archer, especially our Texas chic design elements, sincere service and energetic location. Guests like you are a joy to host and we hope you will join us for another adventure in Austin soon.