“Not So Epoch......”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Hyde Park
Neighbourhood: Hyde Park
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in hoping for a solid cup of coffee to leisurely drink with my breakfast tacos. Approached the counter with three employees at the helm. I greeted them warmly and with a joke. Crickets......
I ordered my coffee and asked if they would allow me to eat my tacos as well, understanding that it may not be allowed. Bluntly made aware of outside food policy in a less than warm tone. No alternative option given, not even asked if I would like my coffee to go. We stared at each other and he realized I didn't know the process of receiving coffee. Bluntly motioned for me to step down to the side to pick up order. Tried again to make conversation by complimenting him on the ambiance. Kurt "thanks" was all I got. Coffee delivered without as much as eye contact. I drank half of it and decided to leave. Asked for a to go cup and he took my half empty coffee, poured it into a to go cup and slid it to me. Had to ask if there was a lid. What a disappointment. Please work on kindness.
Overall.......
Epoch success on decor and ambiance. Kudos on the space. It is beautifully done.
Coffee was solid.
Epoch fail on friendliness and warm.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Epoch makes a decent, no frills iced coffee. It's a bit spendy though -I mean 4 bucks for a regular iced coffee seems a bit much.The coffee was fine, I doctored it as I like it. It just seemed to leave me wanting for $4. The staff were ok - not overly friendly at all.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is a very nice coffee shop! We went there with our son who lives nearby and LOVES it. It really was nice - full of young folks on their laptops and earbuds. I had some great green tea; my husband had a frozen smoothie and our son had an iced orchata. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Coffee is great and authentic. I'm glad it's 24hr open. Great for students and late workers. Staff is friendly and ambience is welcoming.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Super eclectic & quirky. Great art. Cool outdoor seating. Open 24 hours. I had a hazelnut latte, which is not my typical go to. If you're a fan of lattes, this place will be great! Such a great place to study, chill, read, etc. The atmosphere is what makes a coffeeshop & Epoch nails it.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Epoch Coffee? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK