“Food is good but service needs to get better.”
Review of Suprabhat

Suprabhat
Ranked #889 of 3,994 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a pure (=only) vegetarian restaurant featuring even Jain food (no onion, garlic or any other item grown below ground e.g. peanuts). This is a rare find within the Indian restaurants in the US! We went to Suprabhat for dinner early in the evening. There were only few other families besides us. We were seated promptly & our order was taken soon enough. However they took forever to get the food. Worse part? They got the kids order last. We would have preferred if they had prioritized the kids order over the adults. Since it took so long for the food to arrive, we didn't quite eat as a group but more like individuals. The good part, a person from the kitchen came to check if all the food we had ordered had indeed been delivered. The chaat had been left out & came last. The menu features excellent selection of Dosas (Indian crepes) - including varieties found only in India. The 'thali' (the complete Indian meal) comes in two varieties - Dakshin/South & Uttar/North. We ordered the Dakshin Thali, Paper Dosa, Onion Masala Dosa & Paneer Butter Malasa with Naan, Dahi Batata Puri (Chaat item) to get the overall feel of the food. I'm happy to report that though the food was late in arriving to the tables, the taste is spot on! All the dishes we sampled were really good. All the food seemed freshly made. Usually, if an Indian restaurant features South Indian dishes heavily, they miss the mark on North Indian dishes or Chaat items. Not so with Suprabhat - they nailed it in every dish! The naan was soft & expertly made. Every dosa perfectly crisped with 3 chutneys & sambhar. Chaat was good too - and I will be going back for the food. By the time we were done, the restaurant was packed with folks waiting outside. We had to ask for the check & the server never came back to pick up our bill/card. We had to go pay it ourselves at the counter. I do not know if that is how they operate - give us the check & pay the bill at the counter? So do go to Suprabhat for the food but be patient regarding the service. Good things come to those who wait!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We went on a busy weekend for lunch and got the food. Food was good. Meals took time to come, the rice was really not good, seems cold and looked like prepared much earlier. Ordered two extra chapatti and it came after we almost finished eating. Kids enjoyed Paratha and Chole bhature. Doubt we will go back here again. Felt expensive.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews we visited this place recently. The kids' masala dosa was too spicy even for an adult. I asked the server repeatedly not to put spices. The vegetarian curries were average. Finally, the utensils were old and not clean. The melamine plates looked so dirty. Service was not good either. Overall, I didn't have a good experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

This is an amazing restaurant. I went in for a late lunch with a friend, and the food was prepared to perfection the level of spice can be moderated to the more timid western palate all the way to "burn baby burn" I usually prefer a moderate to mild level of heat.

Vegans, fear not, there are numerous options which are also for vegans!

They also have some items are not the standard for Indian restaurants.

I only gave them 4 stars, because I've only eaten here once. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Always a pleasure to visit. Food has never been mediocre or poor. Service and prices Are great. Recommended for families with children.