All reviews rainey street free margaritas happy hour live music social hour pool deck soaking tub hip hotel fun hotel cool vibe lake view bars and restaurants food truck lady bird lake great pool mini bar convention center
Reviewed 14 October 2017

If you're looking for a hotel close to the action in downtown Austin look no further than here, Right next to the many bars and restaurants on Rainey Street, within walking distance of Metro's downtown rail service and Iron Works BBQ. Throw in Kimpton's signature wine, beer, margarita social hour and you be glad you booked here. If you can get a room on a higher floor overlooking Lady Bird Lake.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hal T;

Thanks for staying with us. Great to read you had such a great stay and loved our location. We look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This hotel is very stylish and accommodating with a very welcoming staff.
My wife had just build sunflower seeds in the floorboard of our car and when we returned to use our car and short time later the valleys had removed all of the seeds from the floorboard without being asked.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Brent S;

Glad you had a great stay. We are fortunate to have such a great group of people working at the VZ glad you noticed. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My third stay at a Kimpton (previously stayed in SF and Boston hotels), this was my first bad experience. Our room was not ready for nearly 2 hours and no one seemed terribly concerned. My time is the most valuable commodity I own and if you don't care about wasting it, that's a big problem for me.

1  Thank Jerry M

Jerry M;

Thank you for staying with us. I was disappointed to read we did not live up to our standards in this was your first dissatisfied stay.
Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy this time around. I do hope you give us another shot so you can experience what you have in the past.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I was expecting this to be a nice hotel but it turns out I expected too much. We arrived the 1st day of the ACL fest and got to the hotel about 1pm. The check in employee did not smile as she offered to help. I asked about early check in options and she unpleasantly said I had two options, 1) to upgrade to the same room type with a different view for $50 extra per night and it was available now, or 2) I could check my bag and then wait up until 4pm to check in and we would receive a text message when the room's ready. I took the 2nd option. We left the hotel and 25 minutes later I received a text that the room was ready. I'm not sure but it sure seems like a blatant grab for an extra $50 night by getting people to agree to an earlier room. I checked in and was asked about my bag and was told it was being sent up to the room. We arrived at the room, no bag, waited 20 minutes, tried to call front desk and no answer after letting it ring at least 20 times. I went back to the check in counter and my bag was right there next to the original unfriendly staff member. I grabbed it and went back to the room.
The rest of the stay was uneventful and we were out of the room most of the time. Nothing special about the room, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was nice and clean.
On the morning of checkout I tried calling the front desk to get the checkout time and again I let it ring at least 20 times with no answer. I was able to find it online, we checked out, I said to email the receipt.
When I got home and checked my email receipt the next day (today, Monday) I found I was charged for 3 nights of parking at $43/night, even though we checked in Friday and left Sunday and only stayed 2 nights. I haven't called yet today to get it fixed so we'll see how that experience goes.
The hotel was expensive due to ACL fest and the hotel's reputation, but I could have stayed somewhere for quite a bit less with just as good a location or better, and especially with a better customer experience. I won't stay at this hotel again. I do like the Kimpton hotels I've visited in other cities.

1  Thank jeffsapita

jeffsapita;

Thank you for checking us out. I am sorry for the challenges you experienced and do hope you give us another shot. Please know we take this feedback very seriously and will use it to further improve our services. If you have any issues with your bill that are not resolved please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Even for heavy sleepers, you will hear every door open and close on your floor. For the price point, it’s unacceptable! The hotel says that they are aware and attributed it to being a new hotel. Unfortunately, the hotel isn’t so new that the issue couldn’t already have been resolved. Comparable properties (JW, Fairmont, etc.) don’t have the same issues.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

U4370HKkevinp;

Thank you for staying with us. My apologies you did not get a great nights rest. Please know we will have a look at the doors to ensure they are properly functioning.