See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2018

This is a great place to stay,stayed here and I was highly glad. Great pool, it goes up to 8, so it's pretty nice. Really enjoyed staying here. Would definitely recommend to someone. People were nice and polite.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Really enjoyed the fresh and cleanness of this hotel. It was a nice change of scenery from the usual stuffy floral places. Was please to have a restaurant right next door that served a variety of foods and drinks so that we didn't have to drive anywhere. Would have liked to have had at least pastries and juices provided for breakfast though.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Stayed here 7/8-7/10. Had absolutely no problems. Check in was easy, was even given a preference on floor. Hotel seemed new and clean. I think I read above that the bed was pretty high which it almost comically was but my wife and I are pretty tall so we just kind of laughed about it. The pool wasn't open but there was a sign at the desk explaining that they were just waiting on the green light from the city after renovation so you can't really fault them for that. It was raining anyway so who cares? The restaurant and bar next door, The Hideaway, was a great go-to spot for some beers or a bite to eat and wasn't crazy expensive.

It is on the frontage road of I-35 but noise was never an issue. The only noise we heard was from some heavy equipment next door behind the gas station but it was pretty minimal (again due to the weather).

In other words, I had no problem with this hotel and would most definitely stay here again unless for some reason that between now and that time I lose a foot in height. In which case I might require a ramp to get on the bed.

Thumbs up, Ramada.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the upper floors of the south side might be quieter.
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I booked at this hotel last minute (literally the morning of check-in), because I was staying at another Austin area hotel and was unhappy with the accommodations. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Ramada Austin South as comfortable and relaxing as it was when I arrived.

The hotel building is an older 1970s-era structure (it was formerly a Baymont Inn & Suites), but has been completed gutted, renovated and modernized inside. From the outside the building has been well maintained and the landscaping is all new and inviting.

The lobby area has modern decor and seating, as well as a glass fireplace and a business center with several computers and a copier/fax. There is also a "guest pantry" next to the reception desk where guests can purchase snacks, cold drinks and small frozen meals.

Reception staff were very friendly and informative when I checked in. They apologized for the pool being under construction (the hotel just re-opened in January 2018) and gave me a brief tour of where the exercise room and laundry facilities. They also pointed out the on-site restaurant & bar, which is located in an attached building next to the pool area.

My room was located on the 4th floor. Each floor has an elevator bank at each end of the hallway, making it convenient for guests when hauling luggage (no long trips down long corridors). The room was well appointed with modern furnishings, a work desk, a comfortable lounge couch, and of course a very comfortable bed. There are USB connections and electric outlets on each side of the bed, for charging devices such as phones. There are also a couple of USB/electric outlets near the desk and TV.

The bedside lamps have two switches that allow guests to switch between a traditional lamp, and a small reading lamp that's on the end of an adjustable arm. There was a microwave/fridge combo inside the armoire and a flat screen TV attached to the wall.

The bathroom is decent sized with subway tiles on the walls and floor, and a sleek modern mirror with back-lighting. The counter tops are marble and the shower/tub combo has a high multi-functional showerhead.

All the rooms have small balconies which you can walk out on, although not all of them have enough room for chairs.

All in all I was very pleased with my stay at the Ramada Austin South, and will definitely be staying here on my next trip to Austin. I did not get to try the attached restaurant, but the decor looked nice, and I will give them a try during my next trip.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have smaller balconies
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank _Z9187XD
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We picked this hotel for the Austin leg of our trip. We stayed for two nights. It is newly remodeled and clean. The only downfall was the pool being closed, supposedly from the recent remodel. Had we known this beforehand, we probably would have picked another hotel. It’s summertime, we were on vacation and the kiddo loves to swim for a little bit after walking around and site seeing all day.
The staff were really nice though, and it was clean and quiet. We also recommend the restaurant connected to the hotel for breakfast called Hideway.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family