“Good location, good hotel”

Courtyard Austin Airport
Ranked #57 of 200 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stephenville, Texas
“Good location, good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

My family recently stayed here the night before we flew out on our vacation. Always a little nervous depending on a shuttle to get you to the airport on time but everything worked well. The hotel was nice and clean (i.e. a normal Courtyard). The staff was very helpful as were were traveling with 9 people in three rooms including 2 toddlers. We needed adjoining rooms which they quickly changed and moved the cribs around. The shuttle service was prompt and the location is very close to the airport.

I will have to say the location is a bit hard to find at first. The hotel is on a hill and has a wonderful view of downtown Austin except that downtown is to the side of the hotel, what a pity it was not angled just a little different.

Upon our return to Austin the shuttle picked us promptly and took us to our vehicle. Would definitely repeat this hotel next time I fly out of Austin.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at The Courtyard Austin Airport! It's great to hear that our shuttle convenience worked out well for you and your family, that's our goal! I hope your vacation went well and that your car-side arrival home service brings you back to our hotel! Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had an early morning flight out so stayed here for one night. I found it to be exactly what I've come to expect from Courtyards - it didn't disappoint. Clean, quiet, well thought out space, polite staff. And it was an easy 5 minute drive to the airport. I would not hesitate to stay here again if the circumstances were the same.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay! It sounds like you are familiar with our brand and the expectations are always met, I am glad that still rings true. We do strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel! Next time you have that early fight, we are here for you!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Just got back from Austin and had a great time.
I'm not an airport hotel guy but this property was great!
Great staff, great location (10 minutes downtown), very clean!
I'll be back.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip advisor! We appreciate it and if you're passing through Austin again soon, please do let us be your choice hotel!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Airport and had a reservation confirmation number. I had a long day of travel and business, so was ready to get to my room when I checked in. The front desk person confirmed my reservation and then went on to say that they had oversold the hotel for the night and I was going to have to go to another hotel. In my many years of business travel, this has NEVER happened. (Maybe I've been lucky??) But, I couldn't believe it. I had a confirmed reservation! They comped the "replacement hotel"...but, honestly, I was there on business, so that did not in any shape, manner or form compensate me for having to trudge myself and my luggage back out to my rental car and then traipse over to a different hotel. Miserable experience. I will never book at this hotel again.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
CYAPAustin_TX, General Manager at Courtyard Austin Airport, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Guest,
I extend the greatest apology your way. This is not representative of our hotel and due to unforeseen circumstances we did overbook/oversell our hotel. I am truly sorry for your unpleasant experience. However, I would like to personally take care of you for this inconvenience as well as in the future. Please contact me, the General Manager to further discuss what I can do for you. Again, I am most sincerely sorry for your poor experience and can assure you this is not how we usually operate. I hope to hear from you soon.
(512) 386-7464.
Enterprise, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The staff at the Courtyard Marriott were extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean, and exceedingly quiet. It's within walking distance of a Waffle House, gas station and a great Starbucks!! Great spot to layover from the airport, or to explore Austin!

Room Tip: All rooms are good--very quiet!