All reviews lakeline mall quiet location would stay here again lake travis complimentary breakfast hotel is clean great hotel hot items nice place to stay breakfast bar easy access hot tub bed was comfortable business trip excellent stay yogurt fitness center
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Out of the way motel/hotel that has excellent service and staff. Next to mall, with plenty of places to eat and drink. Cinema at mall. For us was first hard to find, but once located nice and quiet. One stay again if in northwest Austin.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Have stayed here several times. The front desk staff are great I also admire the fact they have a Texas shaped waffle grill. LOL

The only downside is that as an AT&T customer my cell phone gets poor reception on the back side of the hotel.

If you have AT&T ask for an upper floor on the side facing the parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Renovations still underway in Oct 2017. The renovated lobby and rooms are very nice and the hotel is well-located.
Room pluses:
A/C doesn't blow onto the bed.
Desk offers a nice room separation, making it almost a suite.
Ample wet bar area.
USB charging ports on both sides of the bed, as well as at the desk.
(My) room minuses:
10 minutes to hot water.
No "do not disturb" hanger.
TV remote didn't turn on the TV (but did work otherwise).
No room safe.
Somewhat limited drawer space for clothes.

They are on the right track here, but perhaps in the rush or renovation have missed the details. In the end, though, those details will be how they succeed (or not).

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Sanjay C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. As of October 2017 we are done with installing new carpet and furniture in all the guest rooms. The only items left are new pictures, drapes, and some lighting. We will also be changing the carpet and wallpaper color in the hallways soon.

I will definitely share your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance staff and address the items we might have missed.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

When I checked in I was told that they are remodeling. There was carpet and equipment in the hallway a few doors down from my room but it didn't bother me. I could tell that they remodeled the room I was in and everything was very nice and modern looking. Since everything was new in the bedroom area you couldn't help but notice how the bathroom looked outdated. The AC unit hummed the entire night and I liked that it was like a noise machine. The staff was so friendly. I left early in the morning and would suggest they make sure their outside lamp posts are working. I liked that it was easy to get on 183.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Sanjay C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you liked the new rooms and were understanding of the items in the hallway while we renovate. We are finishing today and this week putting new furniture in the final first floor rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Renovations not withstanding, this Hampton missed the mark in so many ways. We have stayed at dozens and dozens of Hampton Inns over many years, for both business and pleasure. Hilton Honors points have been racked up. We have always been highly satisfied. Until now. I don't think the woman at the front desk likes her job much, or at least doesn't like people much, as we were rarely greeted, and never with a smile. Also, we were not given the usual bottle of water and/or snack. Ok, let that go, it is minor.
But housekeeping...after returning to our room in the afternoon we found the duvet mussed and crooked and the pillows had not been smoothed and put in place. It looked as if someone had taken a nap on our bed! Two out of three days! (The bed was quite comfortable) Each day we were given only two bath towels (normally there are at least 3, and we needed 3), our paper cups were not replenished either (we had to go downstairs to get more), and we were given only 1 washcloth. The extra blanket provided was likely at one time nice and soft, but now is akin to sandpaper!
Then there was the shower! The back insert wall was bowed out - it was about an inch too big for the space, and there was excessive mold...not just the tiny bit one might expect in the South, but truly excessive black mold all around the base of the shower walls and doors. And I don't want to know what was growing behind the back wall!
The new furniture lacks storage space - 3 small pull-out wire drawers, no shelf or drawer in bedside tables (and the lamp took up the entire table top), very tiny closet and no luggage stand. The 2 ottomans are too big, and are basically just trip hazards as you try to navigate around the room.
Our room looked out at the motel under construction, and when it opens you will not be able to open your drapes without getting to know the people in the room 30 feet away from you very well! Ask for an even numbered room - it will face the front.
Understanding renovations are hard while still open for business, we noticed several safety and fire safety issues in the common spaces. Someone needs to walk the property and check these things daily.
Breakfast was typical and I won't comment on that.
I don't usually write reviews unless I have something good to say, but I feel people should know this may not be the Hampton they expect.

Room Tip: Even numbers won't look directly in at the hotel next door!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth L

On behalf of the entire staff I apologize you were not satisfied with your stay. At the time of your stay we were mostly done with our renovations in the guest rooms and were working in the first floor rooms (you were staying on a higher floor). Furthermore, there were minimal items in the hallway and nothing was of fire safety concern.

We did give you several options at check in for rooms. Secondly, we offered to cancel your reservation at no charge and were willing to find another hotel for you. However, you decided to stay.

Since we have been open 10 years, we are upgrading our hotel. Sorry once again for any inconvenience.