“A Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 197 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“A Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We actually stay here often because it's close to kids and grandkids. We're big fans of Hampton Inns because they're so dependably good, and this one is no exception. Really clean, great staff, and VERY comfortable rooms. The breakfast staff is exceptionally friendly. This time around, we added an extra night, and since there was some confusion about a rate change for the second night (I didn't know about it when I changed the reservation), the man at the desk let us have both nights at the lower rate--we didn't even ask for it--he just suggested it. The free wireless sevice is a real plus. And again, this hotel is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!

Room Tip: If the hotel is full--the area seems to host lots of teenage athletic events--the top floor is the q...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TrishaHMoore
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

INTRO: I stayed at this property for 1 night while working at in Austin. This property was a welcome sight after staying in run down LaQuinta Inn’s. Hampton rarely disappoints.

PROPERTY: This seems like an older property that has had many significant upgrades. I stayed in room 306 which was an Executive King room. Per Hampton norm, the room was well kept and clean. Other hotels could learn from Hampton on how to properly upgrade an older property.

The hotel had a decent sized outdoor pool and hot tub which I did not use.

The exercise room is decent size and consists of three machines designed for walking or pedaling and free weights with TV.

There are numerous restaurants nearby.

ROOM: The room had its own, window mounted A/C unit which worked fine, although the fan seems to run often. There is very light road noise that was virtually unnoticeable. The furniture and décor was very nice and upscale. It has a smaller 26” flat screen. A cup at a time coffee maker with 2 coffee packs was provided. Lighting in the room was very good. NO micro/fridge combo, which is a miss.

The bathroom was very nice with tile floor, a large 5’ shower and freestanding vanity with solid surface countertops.

BEDDING: The bed was very good, although I missed the “Evolution Bed” found in other Hilton properties. None the less, the bed was comfortable, the pillows were excellent and the Hampton signature duvet is always welcome.

WORK AREA: The work area was a little on the small side, with good lighting and ample outlets for electronics. The chair was comfortable and very good for long stretches of work.

The night time clerk was more interested in his private cell phone conversations than tending to the front desk, but others seemed nice.

The breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, meat and potatoes, cereal, muffins, juice, etc. No need to leave the building for a good breakfast.

RATING: Overall I would give the property a 90/100 and 95/100 for value. I would likely stay here if I were in this area again..

PROS: Upscale upgrades, nice rooms, clean, good breakfast.
CONS: a little pricey, a little too far out from downtown Austin (20-25 min), no micro/fridge

1 Thank YepBeenThere
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Planned a last minute work trip to the Austin area. I found limited hotels because SXSW, Rodeo, and Spring Break taking happening this week. I booked the Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park and was very impressed with my room. I enjoyed this hotel 100 times better than the Full Service property I stayed at the following evening. Updated spacious rooms is always nice when away from. The location is a short drive from downtown, easy access from the highway, and the staff was super friend. I would stay here again on my next trip. Extra added values such as free breakfast, business center and parking help save my company money.

Flower Mound, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We highly recommend this hotel. We enjoyed the breakfast and fast internet service, wonderful rooms and helpful staff. Easy to get to and a variety of restaurants near by. We will be visiting this place again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Winter Park
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I travel weekly for work and stay in many Hampton Inns in Texas. The owners of this hotel obviously have invested in this hotel. The rooms have the nicest furnishings of any Hampton Inn I've ever been in. The internet is fast, the breakfast good and the front desk staff has excellent customer service skills. Unfortunately the only drawback of the hotel is the AC unit. The room feels "damp", so does the carpet. I lowered the AC hoping this would help instead I woke freezing and feeling wet. I changed rooms hoping this would help but no such luck. I doubt I will stay here again for work which is a shame because the property is so very nice.
Also I recommend calling first if you want a hotel room which does not have a connecting room. I requested a non connecting room on the Hilton website when making my reservation but the front desk clerk informed me they don't really read the requests.

1 Thank fdipace
Sanjay C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
On behalf of the entire staff I apologize about the issue with the connecting room request and A/C. Our goal is to be your home away from home. Therefore, I refunded your one nights stay. Also, since you are a Hilton Honors member you will still receive your points.

I will speak to our front desk staff about being more diligent with guest requests. In regards to the A/C, the fan stays on once the room reaches the desired temperature. This reduces the noise of the A/C turning on and off. If desired you can actually turn off the Fan mode at the thermostat.

However, I do recognize you were inconvenienced. So I will speak to our maintenance staff about setting the thermostats differently.

We hope you give us a second chance. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest Regards,