The staff is very friendly and helpful. Matt upgraded us to a suite at no charge since we had the dog and son. Our first garden suite (ground level) which had the king bed, someone had been smoking in (the entire hotel is non-smoking) so Matt tried another but only 2 doubles were available. The extra space was very nice. (Three sinks, fridge, sleeper sofa, small kitchen table, etc.) We had some issues with an a/c vent that rattled all night but the maintenance guy figured it out when we called in the morning. (I went to bed after the husband and son so they were already asleep when I noticed it - so no sleep for me.) I travel with a box fan for white noise, but the suite that we were placed in had way too much freeway noise even with the fan going for my taste. The second night, I placed towels between the door & the floor and braced a chair against both doors (There were exterior doors in the bedroom - back parking lot side & one in the living area.) to close them all the way. There was about an inch give and take on the doors even when the locks were engaged. There are several grassy areas for the pets which is nice. Housekeeping & maintenance came right away in the morning when we called before we left for the day - since we were leaving the dog alone in the room it had to be while we were in the room. This is about my 7th time to stay here. I'm pretty pleased for the price and breakfast was included! I would stay in the suites again now that I know the chair trick, but would request one on the back of the hotel away from the freeway - even the side of the hotel gets the noise since they are on a corner. All in all - good for the price and accommodating for our poodle. Beds are firm which I love.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 3 miles from downtown Austin and 4 miles from the airport, the Wyndham Garden Hotel is a prime destination. Enjoy easy access to the city's high-energy music, sports, university, arts, and business districts while delighting in a backdrop of scenic Texas Hill Country. Wyndham has teamed with post-modernist design legend, Michael Graves, to create a refreshing hotel experience. The result: upscale but affordable Texas Hill Country accommodations with unique features and products for an unforgettable Austin getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham Garden Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Garden Hotel & Woodward Austin
- Wyndham Garden Hotel And Woodward Conference Center
- Wyndham Austin
- Austin Wyndham